New branch badges.

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by danny, Feb 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone got a link to the new branch badges for post Faraday? Did see them somewhere but can't find them again now.

2. Never mind found them. Here they are just incase anyone cares. WE branch only.

1781937_10203289551908529_1350074856_n.jpg

3. Stupid question, is this just for faraday individuals or will everyone get them? I'm sick of sewing badges on LOL

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. What on earth are they about?
    Actually ignore that - they are not on earth, something from Star Trek, evidently

BH

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I do hope there's going to be a new live long and prosper salute to go with the badges. So far the Rimmer from Red Dwarf gets my vote.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why can't the WE branch get its original WEM badges back. Bloody dabbers didn't want it to start with but now want to keep it. Bas/?£&s
    :(

7. I assume the thin electrical flashes are there to signify a WE blowing something up ready for an ME(L) to come and fix it?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Firstly what the hell is Faraday and secondly what are those branches in real money?

9. Faraday is the reorganising of the Engineering branches. SWS fag as far as I was aware all WEs will get Faraday at some point. Which arm of the WE branch SWS falls under is anyones guess.
    In real money they will be
    W = Weapons
    S = Sensors
    CIS = Comms

10. All that gold will make the ship top heavy during Procedure Alpha.

11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

^ No, as you will all be in whites due to Global Warming.

• Like Like x 1
  12. why the hell do they need to do this?
    are there not far more pressing things to worry about than changing stuff like this AGAIN

a feedback form went around the other week. some of the comments were funny
    no one I know of thinks this is a remotely time worthy idea

13. Does that mean a stoker can now be an RO???

14. Well to be fair the WE branch does need sorting out badly. Once this comes in you shouldn't have 4.5 maintainer going to become a tracker maintainer. The badges are almost insignificant really.

15. The WE branch has been sorted out badly a few times now. Perhaps this time they'll get it right. ;-)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well, technically OCs could become WDs, but it was generally unlikely. I'd be more concerned about an OC becoming an AD or something complicated.....

(That said, the control theory the OCs did was considerably harder than any comms theory I've done).

17. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Of course, there are other branches ...

OEM Branch.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sorry Levers, there was only ever one OEM branch (my original branch before EBD)
    OEM1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. I too have one of those...which is nice...#justsayin

20. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Apologies if I am wrong Wrecks but I think it was the single letter L for Ordnance, C for Control and R for Radio.