New bounty rates from 1 Apr 09

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Moderator
#1
Taken from AFPRB - rates are:

Volunteer Reserve Forces Training Bounty – Year 1 £416, Year 2 £916, Year 3/4 £1,415 and Year 5 £1,641

Can't remember how this compares to previous years.
 
#4
No great surprise - go to www.mod.uk and then search for Armed Foreces Pay Review and you will find it! Don't think it breaks it down much, I think the rise is in line with all other changes i.e up 2.8%

More interestingly the report talks about a review of Bounty after the Strategic Reserves Review and the possibility of varying bounty depending on which reserve forces you are in!
 

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
#5
Manny said:
More interestingly the report talks about a review of Bounty after the Strategic Reserves Review and the possibility of varying bounty depending on which reserve forces you are in!
Nothing wrong with that. I don't think the crabs should get a bounty - afterall, their idea of ORT is a fortnight at the local beauty spa! :D
 

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Moderator
#6
Given several RAuxAF personnel have been killed on active duty in some very unpleasant places, I find that last comment to be in spectacularly poor taste indeed...
 
#9
Agreed with Alfred.

Why is everyone still having banter with the booties, and pongo's but we can't with the crabs???
 

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Moderator
#11
Personally its because while I am all for some gentle banter, I think that slagging off a service which works bloody hard (you join, you deploy ASAP) and which has taken some fairly heavy casualties out of proportion for its size is not necessary. Bear in mind that several RAuxAF personnel have been killed, and more wounded - significantly more on both counts than our own service.

It is easy to jest about training and them being primadonnas, but as we're talking about fellow reservists (not full time professionals for whom this is a way of life) I personally think its in bad taste. But maybe having been to far too many in-theatre repatriations of young people in my time, I'm just a bit touchy about this sort of thing.
 

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
#12
Fair one, but if you look at his post he was refering to their activities on ORT and not as deployed reservists. I think this is one of the things that is wrong with the RNR and reserves as a whole, is that in the 25 years since I joined we (or an element of us in any case ) seem to have turned into an organisation of people that are taking ourselves far too seriously.
It's time we got back to the basics of enjoying ourselves again, and maybe even having a bit of good old fashioned banter. It's this 'serious no fun' attitude that is sweeping through the reserves that is making me increasingly feel that I could find something more enjoyable to do with my time.
And before anyone starts, yes i've been deployed, and yes I am going again, thats why we do it. But, I dont remember anything in RFA96 that said we couldn't have a laugh and enjoy ourselves on the way.

MM
 

mazza_magoo

Lantern Swinger
#14
:thumbleft: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now thats more like it!
 
#15
Every fecking year it's the same Boll0cks

Bounty this and Bounty that........

If you DON'T like it WALK

or Join the Real Navy.

you sound like the " D day Dodgers...uncle Albert will explain
 

GCYZ

Lantern Swinger
#16
PINCH said:
Every fecking year it's the same Boll0cks

Bounty this and Bounty that........

If you DON'T like it WALK

or Join the Real Navy.

you sound like the " D day Dodgers...uncle Albert will explain
And every chance you get you have the same dig at the RNR. If YOU don't like it, don't read the threads. That way everyone will be happy.
 

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Moderator
#17
No one is complaining about the bounty Pinch - more to the point its a key part of RNR pay and buried deep in the AFPRB report (which is a fairly turgid read). Chances are that if I posted it in the main AFPRB thread, then no one would see it. Given this is an RNR forum, it seems the best place to post RNR specific pay details?

Its a small increase, and a welcome one that will help retain people in an organisation where retention is a major concern.
 
#18
Purple_twiglet said:
No one is complaining about the bounty Pinch - more to the point its a key part of RNR pay and buried deep in the AFPRB report (which is a fairly turgid read). Chances are that if I posted it in the main AFPRB thread, then no one would see it. Given this is an RNR forum, it seems the best place to post RNR specific pay details?

Its a small increase, and a welcome one that will help retain people in an organisation where retention is a major concern.
very many thanks for the clarity of your answer....reading Pay and allowance documents is like walking through treacle Point taken
 
#19
Given that Pay, with its knock-on effect for holiday pay, and Pension rates are a (valid) standard gripe annually for the RN, i think that our expectation of our version of this (which actually requires us to annually prove our use, which would get a fair proportion of the RN in a certain amount of hot water) actually coming at a fair rate into our bank accounts at the right time is not merely reasonable but also entirely in line with the full time services.

Bounty isn't free money. It's a recognition that we get paid less than our regular counterparts as we don't get X-factor, that we don't have any job security, that our career progressions is retarded, that our career structure is poorly planned, constructed and managed, that we don't get holiday pay (that even is statutory for temps in any other line of work), that we aren't paid travelling time to go to courses and that we don't get pension contributions paid.

So, yes, we care about our bounty. Suck it up.
 
#20
Purple_twiglet said:
Taken from AFPRB - rates are:

Volunteer Reserve Forces Training Bounty – Year 1 £416, Year 2 £916, Year 3/4 £1,415 and Year 5 £1,641

Can't remember how this compares to previous years.
It's gone up around £100 for each bracket. All good stuff!

Looking forward to my Year 5 Bounty this year! :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
SpliceTheMainbrace Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
O Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts