New Boots

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jk2447, Feb 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently joined the RNR and got my boots. I've worn my boots 2 or 3 times and they kill my feet. I think I need a size bigger because of the socks and the kind of stuff they have us doing.

My question is . . . . is it out of order if I ask for a bigger size or can I buy a new pair? If I can how much are they?

2. You could try asking your POSA in unit.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I know EXACTLY what you mean... :oops: :wink:

[​IMG]

4. If you dont ask, you dont get!

5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Rosie, our resident footwear expert, will no doubt be along at sometime to point you in the right direction :dwarf: :dwarf:

6. We'd better put a sock in this before some heel starts a stupid string of footwear-related puns. Did someone say shoot Rhys?

7. Vot kind of stuff are you doing? Please to be sending details of your secret training.

8. Those ARE Rosie's! :biggrin:

9. Ask and ye shall recieve...

A bootie with tight shoes or boots is about as useful as tits on a bull. Comfort in all thing especially your footwear.

Buy or ask... well they want you to yomp best THEY provide you with the boots, they have them so ask..

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

10. Thanks everyone for the replies, I was just worried if this was a big Navy no no asking about new boots. I know the RN is picky over etiquette so didn't want to come across as a total tit. Saying that if I get battered by the Chief I'll have you lot to blame ha ha

11. I don't think so, Thingy. They are a bit cheap looking.