New applicant

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Yeah, bite size is pretty decent. Ive also bought a couple of books from amazon by richard mcmunn, they're not bad either.
No way, really, didnt realise that, thought theyd be quite similar in difficulty.
The How2 books are fine if you want to waste money on out of date info that's freely available.

If you look on YouTube, you'd find Mr McMunn giving a lecture all about the selection interview we stopped using a couple of years ago. The video clip is longer than the interview. Most of the information is plagiarised from (free) RN careers publications, in fact the RM Officer advice is copied & pasted direct from the National Archive Royal Marines website.

Buyer beware.

daz2162

Badgeman
I have to agree with ninja, simply because some of the stuff is crap examples, some of the answers are printed wrong. However i like it so i can get some answering questions practice, the psychometric book isnt so bad.

Kevoby10

Lantern Swinger
The RT test for the navy isn't difficult the book they give you for examples is pretty much what you'll get in the test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daz2162

Badgeman
Yeah the stuff you get from navy is good, just not many questions in it. I bought the psychometric test book as it has tons of questions in it, more the better right?

daz2162

Badgeman
Just got back from my run and the bottom of my legs are really hurting, its below my calf and above my achilles tendons, muscles called the soleus. Anyone had this before and know how to prevent it, bloody hurts??

Cheers

Daz2162

slim

War Hero
Just got back from my run and the bottom of my legs are really hurting, its below my calf and above my achilles tendons, muscles called the soleus. Anyone had this before and know how to prevent it, bloody hurts??

Cheers

Daz2162

Easy.............Run more often, and ensure that you do warm up exercises before you start.

Nurse

have you revised for all sections? I think Im going to struggle with the mechanical comprehension Ive done practice tests but can figure out what to revise to help me answer the questions. what are you revising from?

daz2162

Badgeman
Hi nurse, yeah i revised tons to be honest that was also a weak point for me, the books i spole about earlier are actually quite good, its just practice as to the type of questions you'll be faced with.
HOWEVER ive now passed woohooo, ive got my interview on the 18th march!
Cheers
Daz2162

daz2162

Badgeman
Thank you very much. Very good luck to you too. Be warned they aren't the best books in the world, a few typos etc, but they are good for just getting in some practice and some general learning.
All the best nurse.
Cheers
Daz2162