New and need some advice

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Gazrob7682, Sep 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I am new to the forum and I am thinking of joining the RN if they will have me due to age hehe. :D

I have a question probs will have a few more but I am currently in a relationship with my partner and we both have a son together. I was wondering if we would still get married quaters even though we are not married?

Hope someone can shed some light on this :confused::)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

2. Your afco or someone on here familiar with the ins and outs are best placed to give you an answer, in the meantime check here: http://www.navy-net.co.uk/quarterdeck/71797-marriage-entitlements-ways-around.html and if you dare search 'what happens when the other half goes to raleigh' or something along those lines. The answer is likely not unless you are married and have to get through training before anything is considered anyway etc

3. No.

Tenletters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The answer is in the name "Married Quarters"

5. It isn't as there's no such thing as Married Quarters.

We now have Service Families Accommodation. The OP will eventually be able to apply for SFA, but if unmarried will only be allocated one if there is surplus available. The likelihood of surplus SFA being available is extremely rare, there is barely sufficient SFA for those entitled in a lot of areas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I take it wordsmiths dont work on Sundays

7. No.

Ten letters.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Thanks for the answers.

Just a follow up question and sorry if I sound thick as I haven't lived military life. How would it work with my partner and dependant child? Would we have to privately rent?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

9. They're getting longer

10. Welcome, GazRob.

Top tip is to start your enquiry about joining now, rather than wait, especially if you are close to some of the cut-off ages. Ring 08456 07 55 55 today.

How old are you, by the way?

11. Hi

Thanks for the advice I am 31 so not the youngest :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app