New and looking for info!!!

Slim,

I'm a CA working for the RN, You can take most things that Soleil tells you as gospal, as the info comes from a recruiter.

I can confrim that as of 1st December the waiting time for AET was standing at 13 months. it is likely to get longer, as we are seeing a marked increase in all waiting times at the moment due to the job market.

SM

:)

Dannyboy

Midshipman
When I took my RT last September I was told my date to join would be about March 2010 by the end of the year this was changed to Sept 2010 and today I have spoken to my AFCO and he has told me I am 100th on the list and I'm now looking at Jan 2011 :(

The dates seem to be getting longer and longer 8O and I'm feeling a bit p****d off today.

I know the wait will be worth it in the end and I know there are hundreds of people waiting in the same position as me.

Can I just ask a question regarding this. If the waiting list are getting longer and longer and the goverment is supposed to be cutting the budget for defence, why are the services still recruiting? Surely there should be a hold put on recruiting for a while :?:

By the way I am waiting to join as an AET.

Dannyboy said:
When I took my RT last September I was told my date to join would be about March 2010 by the end of the year this was changed to Sept 2010 and today I have spoken to my AFCO and he has told me I am 100th on the list and I'm now looking at Jan 2011 :(

The dates seem to be getting longer and longer 8O and I'm feeling a bit p****d off today.

I know the wait will be worth it in the end and I know there are hundreds of people waiting in the same position as me.

Can I just ask a question regarding this. If the waiting list are getting longer and longer and the goverment is supposed to be cutting the budget for defence, why are the services still recruiting? Surely there should be a hold put on recruiting for a while :?:

Hi Danny,

There is always a need to keep topping up the personnel within the RN. People put in their notice and some reach the end of their careers. Yes without doubt there is a chance that all 3 services will need to cut back on recruiting if we need to make cuts, but we are still awaiting the decision on the numbers.

The RN made a mistake a few years back of turning off the recruiting tap and we are still paying for it with gaps in certain branches and rates within the service.

So yes you will get in, but as you are aware you will have to wait however long it takes.

Good luck and enjoy your time in the Andrew

SM

:) :wink:

TheLa

Badgeman
Fully agree with SM.

Dannyboy, i'm afraid that's the definitive answer. Just hold out for what you want to be doing me ol' skipjack, and remember it could be alot worse - You could get press ganged and wake up as a steward.... 8O !

TheLa

Badgeman
2_deck_dash said:
TheLa said:
You could get press ganged and wake up with a steward.... 8O !

I woke up with a steward once. Nice body, rats grid and a scouser as well.

2DD - You don't immediatley strike me as 'grunter' material....?

Oh, it was a WREN (or close second)...!!!!

Dannyboy

Midshipman
supermario said:
Dannyboy said:

Hi Danny,

There is always a need to keep topping up the personnel within the RN. People put in their notice and some reach the end of their careers. Yes without doubt there is a chance that all 3 services will need to cut back on recruiting if we need to make cuts, but we are still awaiting the decision on the numbers.

The RN made a mistake a few years back of turning off the recruiting tap and we are still paying for it with gaps in certain branches and rates within the service.

So yes you will get in, but as you are aware you will have to wait however long it takes.

Good luck and enjoy your time in the Andrew

SM

:) :wink:
Thanks for your reply Mario.
I was just a bit p****d off yesterday after talking to AFCO. I really want to get in and get started.
My school wouldn't enter me for exams because I thought I wouldn't be still there in May and they said they weren't going to waste money entering me for them if I wasn't going to be there and now its too late.
I'm also working part time in a supermarket in a job that I f*****g hate and now know I'm going to be stuck there for another year if I want some money.

Now all I can do is hope that there will be a mass exodus of AET's from the navy :lol:

Roll on 2011