New aircraft carriers

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Chicogiz, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know or think when they will be laid down and in service by? I heard they will based in portsmouth i thought they said it would be in faslane?

2. Your base planet being Mars, of what possible interest is it to you where they're based on Earth?

3. HMS Implausible and HMS Unlikely will enter service at some indeterminable time in the indeterminate future

4. They said HMS Queen Elizbeth should be about in 2015 and replace HMS Invinceble is that true?

5. Only if MoD factor in a Tardis so they can start construction a few years ago.

Realistically, the chances of MoD getting a carrier built, doing first of class trials and commissioned in 8 years is nothing but pie in the sky dreaming as they haven't even finished the design yet, let alone started cutting steel.

HMS Invincible is already gone, 1st of class will replace Illustrious IIRC.

Of course, Gordon the Brune may well cancel them yet.

6. 'If you join the RN tomorrow you could be the first Captain of the First of Class'
    Now there is a recruiting slogan for you! How many years!

7. We should get them

8. Feck off walt.

Pol

9. you should - but you won't even a numptie like you knows that gutsy

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Pol, you're bottling things up again, say what you mean :roll: :roll:

11. I saw a clip on the news last night on the flight deck of HMS Illustrious. they were talking about the replacment which made me laugh. But when they are still talking about a due in service date of 2012 i actually fell of my chair.
    5 years o really!!!!

12. Its my way of dealing with bullies Jan Boy be they in the street or in the cyber world.

Pol :lol: :lol:

13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

oh dear, this arrsehole hasn't raised his head again has he? as POL said feck off numpty

14. HMS Invincible aint gone its a reserve carrier look on www.royalnavy.mod.uk its been aloud back into service till 2015

15. wet_blobby

chico, in the grand scheme of things I'm probably classed as reserve, and I'd be feck all use an all.

16. I think we should sell Invinceble to a other country get some money for the new carriers because its not good just for HMS Invinceble to sit there.

17. Yeah but even if we did sell it which on the promise of new carriers im sure the navy would. the money isnt going to go very far.
    Theres talk the engines will be removed and the rest scrapped as its that old no one wants it.

18. wet_blobby

I think we should sack 50% of the MP's, put the other 50% on performance related pay, that'll raise a bob or two.

19. Have more navy days and fun raising days to build money but im just being stupid now or do you think it would work?