Krobo

Hi All,

I’m in the application process for HM Officer, passed my SIFT at the beginning of September ‘21. I’ve got a pre-recorded interview that has to be recorded and then sent off by the end of the week, and then an opportunity for a group exercise if I’m successful.

I haven’t seen any other posts regarding this new format (which seems to be the permanently online as rumoured.) and just wondering if anyone had any info e.g question format etc; I assume it’s similar to the SIFT format but I could be wrong (maybe situation-style questions?)

Also concerned regarding why I’ve been called in so soon, I know a lot of officer candidates have been waiting since February (and before!) but can only guess it’s random, I’ve been fasttracked for one reason or another, or they’re just working backwards down the list?

If anyone has any information could they let me know? I’ve tried contacting my ACLO multiple times but to no avail.

fishhead

War Hero
Hi All,

I’m in the application process for HM Officer, passed my SIFT at the beginning of September ‘21. I’ve got a pre-recorded interview that has to be recorded and then sent off by the end of the week, and then an opportunity for a group exercise if I’m successful.

I haven’t seen any other posts regarding this new format (which seems to be the permanently online as rumoured.) and just wondering if anyone had any info e.g question format etc; I assume it’s similar to the SIFT format but I could be wrong (maybe situation-style questions?)

Also concerned regarding why I’ve been called in so soon, I know a lot of officer candidates have been waiting since February (and before!) but can only guess it’s random, I’ve been fasttracked for one reason or another, or they’re just working backwards down the list?

If anyone has any information could they let me know? I’ve tried contacting my ACLO multiple times but to no avail.
We get quite a few people worrying why the process is taking so long but hardly any as to why it's happening so quickly. I can see why you'd be curious but think the best thing to do is go with the flow and see where it takes you. You cannot compare your circumstances with others as you have no idea of their exact position.
Best of luck with the remainder of your application.

Waspie

War Hero
We get quite a few people worrying why the process is taking so long but hardly any as to why it's happening so quickly. I can see why you'd be curious but think the best thing to do is go with the flow and see where it takes you. You cannot compare your circumstances with others as you have no idea of their exact position.
Best of luck with the remainder of your application.
And there, is the nub of it all. We are all different and what may be applicable to one individual may not apply to yourself!!!

Krobo

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, my ACLO has today told me that I’m one of the first to see this new interview format so of course nobody would have any info regarding it!

Happy to just go with the flow anyway, (I did have a roadmap for leadership experience etc for the next year but of course that’s gone out of the window so to speak) if I pass then there must be something I’m doing well!

K

Waspie

War Hero
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply, my ACLO has today told me that I’m one of the first to see this new interview format so of course nobody would have any info regarding it!

Happy to just go with the flow anyway, (I did have a roadmap for leadership experience etc for the next year but of course that’s gone out of the window so to speak) if I pass then there must be something I’m doing well!

K
Don't forget, as you're one of the first. It may be worth popping back and posting your experience to help others!!!

SeaHawk14

Badgeman
Hi all,

K
What have you been told about the new AIB format? My ACLO (very surprisingly) didn't offer much information on it. And when (approximately) are you going to go through it?

Regards,

SH

SeaHawk14

Badgeman
Hi SeaHawk,

I did my interview last week, I think it went well! It’s really simple to do, you have 30 seconds to read the question (during this time I made a couple of bullet points on what to talk about, but this goes very quickly!) and then 2 minutes to talk. You don’t have to use the full 2 minutes, and you can watch the video back to review. You also have the opportunity to re-record each question once, and if you do, only the second video will be sent off.

I did it last Friday and haven’t heard anything back yet re the group exercise, I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

K
Thanks K. Good luck, thanks for that information!

D

Deleted 110231

Hi all,

K
Your syntax ability clearly not being one of them.