Never been so nervous in my entire life...

I had just opened my front door after a long day at work and was confronted by a hefty envelope with "Her Majesty's Service" printed in Bold on the top. I knew it was from the Navy straight away.
I began to open it, both excited and nervous as I thought it would be to confirm my start date to Raleigh
I ripped the envelope open only to be staring at a version of "Navy News"

Cheers for that lads! 8O

burnsy85

Lantern Swinger
Re: Never been so nervous in my entire live...

i got that the other week face lit up soon as i seen it guted when i read it though

burnsy85 said:
i got that the other week face lit up soon as i seen it guted when i read it though
Same mate lol I thought it was the beginning of the rest of my life. Then I saw the magazine and I swear I died a little inside

same happened me.i was sure it was a date and all i was thinking was what to pack and i hope i dont forget anything.alas it wasnt it was navy news.better than a kick in the stones i guess at least they know im still around.

BLUEsu

Midshipman
A few months ago, I too was the recipient of a nice big brown envelope containing a copy of the Navy News. Oh well... ^^

CescyB

I was just going to say wait until the end of May/June and keep an eye out for the postman then.

I know that it sounds like I'm suggesting ages and ages and ages etc for your letter but, honestly, 10/12 weeks or so is not a long time ............

soleil said:
I was just going to say wait until the end of May/June and keep an eye out for the postman then.

I know that it sounds like I'm suggesting ages and ages and ages etc for your letter but, honestly, 10/12 weeks or so is not a long time ............
I was thinking that kinda' duration for my letter, thanks for confirming my thoughts :)
10/12 weeks is nothing when you keep busy with your job :)

Comm.

Lantern Swinger

burnsy85 said:
I received a letter from AIB today; It had literally a line of writing confirming that they received my confirmation of attendance.

Does get my heart going when I see that type of envolope and the Gosport markings! :blob5:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
OhSoCescyBaby said:
Never been so nervous in my entire life.

I had just opened my front door after a long day at work and was confronted by a hefty envelope with "Her Majesty's Service" printed in Bold on the top. I knew it was from the Navy straight away.
I began to open it, both excited and nervous as I thought it would be to confirm my start date to Raleigh
I ripped the envelope open only to be staring at a version of "Navy News"
On the whole, I found enemy aircraft straffing my ship & dropping bombs on us made me slightly more nervous than the Navy News landing on the doormat. Although it is in colour, admittedly.

Perhaps asking your AFCO to send it in a Jiffy bag marked "Dockyard Dandy" may lessen the shock. :wink: