Never been so nervous in my entire life...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OhSoCescyBaby, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I had just opened my front door after a long day at work and was confronted by a hefty envelope with "Her Majesty's Service" printed in Bold on the top. I knew it was from the Navy straight away.
    I began to open it, both excited and nervous as I thought it would be to confirm my start date to Raleigh
    I ripped the envelope open only to be staring at a version of "Navy News"

Cheers for that lads! 8O
  2. Re: Never been so nervous in my entire live...

i got that the other week face lit up soon as i seen it guted when i read it though
  3. Re: Never been so nervous in my entire live...

Same mate lol I thought it was the beginning of the rest of my life. Then I saw the magazine and I swear I died a little inside
  4. Re: Never been so nervous in my entire live...

saves you £2 a month.
  5. same happened me.i was sure it was a date and all i was thinking was what to pack and i hope i dont forget anything.alas it wasnt it was navy news.better than a kick in the stones i guess at least they know im still around.
  6. I've not even been graced with a copy of Navy News.
  7. A few months ago, I too was the recipient of a nice big brown envelope containing a copy of the Navy News. Oh well... ^^
  8. It certainly feels like a kick in the gonads
    Why do they send it to you? So you can keep up to date with the news whilst waiting for your date?
  9. That's like a chicken that can't talk.

10. CescyB

You're going in as Logs Pers aren't you?
  11. I am indeed.
    Why? :)
  12. CescyB

I was just going to say wait until the end of May/June and keep an eye out for the postman then.

I know that it sounds like I'm suggesting ages and ages and ages etc for your letter but, honestly, 10/12 weeks or so is not a long time ............
  13. I was thinking that kinda' duration for my letter, thanks for confirming my thoughts :)
    10/12 weeks is nothing when you keep busy with your job :)
  14. i might have to wait till may 2011 b4 see any letter then i will of been waiting 17 months
  15. Re: Never been so nervous in my entire live...

I received a letter from AIB today; It had literally a line of writing confirming that they received my confirmation of attendance.

Does get my heart going when I see that type of envolope and the Gosport markings! :blob5:
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

On the whole, I found enemy aircraft straffing my ship & dropping bombs on us made me slightly more nervous than the Navy News landing on the doormat. Although it is in colour, admittedly.

Perhaps asking your AFCO to send it in a Jiffy bag marked "Dockyard Dandy" may lessen the shock. :wink:
  17. Me neither, I still get my fix delivered to me from navy news themselves :lol:

God knows when ill get my date though :(
  18. Trigger

I shall look into my crystal ball for you .......
  19. Haha, thanks :D
  20. Trigger

My crystal ball is showing me a letter from the Royal Navy surrounded by baubles and tinsel ............