Nervous CT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Feagal, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I've noticed that there seems to be a couple of CTs starting Raleigh on 25th October... I was told my starting date would most likely be October too, but this hope seems to be rapidly dwindling since I've not seen hide nor hair of a confirmation letter.

Based on this, does it now seem more likely that I will be taken up in the June '10 draft (as it is rumoured to be)?

In other words, are the books already closed on CTs this year?

p.s. I promise not to cry, no matter what the answer. I'm a big boy, me.
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Pick up the phone in the morning, straight from the horses mouth and all that......
  3. my dad said to me they stoped recruiting for a while simply because theres to many people wanting to join. so that may be why, My CA originaly said september/october but now im looking at april time next year
  4. witsend

Father always knows best. :roll:
  5. Christopher. WS, though mate :)
  6. From what I've gathered, CTs only have two Raleigh start dates per year, May and October.
  7. Thanks for the responses, guys... not quite sure what you are suggesting I do here thought, Witsend? I don't want to join the Horse Guards, I want to join the navy... should I call my AFCO instead? Oh right, I did that already, they told me to sit tight and eventually a letter would arrive to let me know when my start date would be... I was just trying to get ahead of the game by asking on this forum too... ;)

Cheers anyway,
  8. witsend

Hang on, I ask Mrs wits the psychic. Sorry mate she says your a mong and never had a chance of making the RN. Best get yourself down to micky-D's tomorrow morning. Good luck.
  9. I heard that you absolutely had to be a mong to be a CT - in fact that's the first thing I was asked at my interview, "Are you a mong?"
    "Grade A mong," I replied, stabbing myself in the eye with a navy-issue crayon.
    "Perfect... sign here."
  10. Feagal

When did you sit the RT?
  11. Hey mate, I'm one of those starting on October 25. I started my application back in September last year and was told to expect an 8 month wait, making me part of the May '09 intake. Then as time passed it seemed less likely that I'd be going in May so I just decided to concentrate on enjoying the extra time with friends and family and working on my fitness, etc. I eventually got the call at the end of May offering me the October date.

Obviously, this might not be applicable to your start date, but all you can do is bide your time as best as you can. Give the AFCO a ring, and if they have no new info to give you don't sweat it - just make the best of your spare time while you have it.

Best of luck to you.
  12. It was January time 09...
  13. witsend

To be honest, you did'nt need Mrs wits telling you that you were a "one eyed mong", so why ask?
  14. Hi there,

Thanks for the response - it seems I'll be lucky to get in on the October draft then. I don't have a problem with that at all - I'm keen to get going but, like you, I'll be making sure I enjoy the extra time I've been given to enjoy my civvy life.

And, by the sounds of it, I'll need to keep my mong skills honed so I'll be sniffing plenty of glue and drinking Toilet Duck on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'll keep checking in with the AFCO - they're such lovely people it's almost worth the phone call just to hear their voices.

Best of luck to you, too - let me know how the basic training goes.

15. When I was visiting Mrs Wit the other day, I wasn't asking her about my one-eyed mongness - her thoughts were more than taken up by something else with one eye, if you catch my drift? ;)
  16. witsend

By the sounds of it, the furthest you've been is the fridge. Then straight back onto daddy's knee.
  17. Your daddy is still quite a handsome chap. Don't begrudge him a bit of man love. Like father, like son eh? Give me a call if you fancy a bit, your wife and your daddy didn't quite wear me out ;)

Anyway, I think this is starting to derail the thread... I'm off to bed.

Sweet dreams. Big hugs.
  18. Feagal

The waiting time for CT at the moment is roughly 18 months so I would imagine that you will be starting Basic in the middle of next year.
  19. witsend

Nighty night mong! Your the first kunt in a long time to have a fanasty about my Father. Whilst I doubt you have ever met him, I suspect he would tag you a fag who has been interfered with when you try and sit on his lap. Give you a call? You have to PM me your number and I will.

Sweet dreams!!!!!!!!
  20. Wow, I'm glad I went to bed when I did last night or else I might have read your last post and had terrible nightmares about it.

Do I detect a hint of animosity? And there I was thinking we were just bantering.