Nelson's caribbean hellhole BBC4

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by WreckerL, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The old Yellow Jack. Carried off a lot of our predecessors. The Time Team did a good programme on a mass grave at Haslar.
  2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Pity the commentator knew so little about the RN.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. English Harbour wasn't a hellhole whenever our ship visited (yes, there were some topless females on the bootie detachment's raft):

English Harbour Antigua 1975a.jpg
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Enjoyed it, but could have been better IMO.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

There's a lucky chap, Gazer. My only visit consisted entirely of being secured at dolphins for fuelling, so far out that I couldn't even see the actual island. We were on our way home so not too sad when Father fended off a request from the Govr for us to come right in and be an emergency generator for a week.
  6. Indeed. Adequate, but nothing all that special.
  7. More scenes from English Harbour in Antigua. The capstans on the right were built by PCG (Portsmouth Craft Group) in what used to be HMS Vernon (now Gunwharf Quays) and are replicas of those formerly used to careen warships alongside the jetty in Nelson's Dockyard.

Nelsons Dockyard in English Harbour Antigua.jpg
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I would add; it did evoke some great memories for me. Antigua has always been my favourite run in the Windies, particularly when the Tot Club hosted us for their T200 dinner, wonderfull evening!