Neil Armstrong dies

I remember that moment in '69 when he walked on the surface of the moon...........and I was seeing it on TV......for real.
It was science fiction come true.............for a kid growing up in the 50's............RIP Neil Armstrong........you're a tough act to follow.

I remember that moment in '69 when he walked on the surface of the moon...........and I was seeing it on TV......for real.
It was science fiction come true.............for a kid growing up in the 50's............RIP Neil Armstrong........you're a tough act to follow.
Memory time.

I was PO's messman at Osprey and the mess pres dragged me into the TV room to watch history in the making.

I wasn't even an itch in my dad's nut sack at the time of the landing, it was the same year my parents were married though.

RIP Mr Armstrong

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was also a naval aviator who flew 78 missions over Korea from USS Essex.

I was living in the States when he made that first step and shared some of the pride.

RIP to a man who made history.

From a report by his family commenting on his death, I though a rather apt statement.

"For those who may ask what they can do to honour Neil, we have a simple request. Honour his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the Moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

Giant steps are what you take
Walking on the moon
I hope my legs don't break
Walking on the moon
We could walk forever
Walking on the moon

We could live together
Walking on, walking on the moon

Apparently not.=|

Giant steps are what you take
Walking on the moon
I hope my legs don't break
Walking on the moon
We could walk forever
Walking on the moon

We could live together
Walking on, walking on the moon

Apparently not.=|
You could be arrested for that! Copyright - Police!!!!!! Get me coat!

As I heard someone succinctly put it on the telly. ‘Neil and his courageous colleagues proved that mankind need not be tied forever to planet earth’.

RIP a very brave man.