Need to Get in there

Discussion in 'International' started by Decho, Jan 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know south africa is not one of your favorite places. Neither is it mine.
    I have wanted to join the royal marines. and quite impossible due to where i live. And i wont join the forces here, the quality of people and services are third world.
    Has anyone got ideas.

2. try one of the Armed forces websites i think commonwealth citizcens can apply but its better look at the official sites just to see the exact eligibility

3. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article623015.ece

OK, it's the Sun but even they can't invent what Foxie says. My worry would be the status of SA Nationals already serving overseas if they go through with this.

4. I think the government have actually spotted this one and have been talking to the SA government about it. To be fair the purpose of the law was not to deny us recruits but to make it easy to pursue mercenaries

5. Perhaps you should look at Aus, NZ or US Forces which could also bring citizenship.

Nutty

6. Nutty, Surely the denizens of the British Enclave of Mazarron should be eligible to join up too! Perhaps Elizabeth II should pay a State Visit en route to Gibraltar! ;)

7. Have a skeg here.
    http://www.navy-net.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=8140.html

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I served with a couple of South Africans and there's some in the Corps now. Go for it and best of luck.

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I know plenty of SA RM personnel. I will get some info and PM you s necessary... watch this space.. :wink:

10. i called the call center after i posted this topic. The lady i spoke to said they take commonwealth applicants, but due to the sa government, they cant run a background check on people that have been here for 3 years.
    Then she went on to tell me that there is a loop hole. That if by some chance there was a recruit already serving in the Marines, to vouch for me i would get in. But chances are slim that a person that doesnt even know me will vouch for me. I found that odd. But who knows.