I have been given a date for my psychometric test to be a chef apprenticeship with the RFA. Yay!!
I applied for it at the beginning of August. !
Sept 1st is when the test is.
I am very nervous because I have dyslexia. I'm scared if I ask for help. I know everyone can be super nice about it. But some people don't understand how difficult learning can be when you have dyslexia.
I know you don't have to be a GENIUS! But was never able to pass my English or Maths GCSE in school.
I really want this! But I'm scared my anxiety will take over and I won't be good enough. I've been studying for this whole month in maths and mechanical compression tests but in still not improving.
I'm still very positive about going for this role! Practically I believe I have the ability to be the right fit. But academically I struggle.

Anyone got any advice?

Militantmonk

Midshipman
Also, You don't lose marks for wrong answers so if you find yourself with only 30 seconds to go and 5 questions unanswered, bang in some guesses before time runs out.

Ideally you don't want to be in this situation but if it happens it is a handy trick to use.

Do some practice tests beforehand and you'll be fine. These things are all about confidence.

If you let anxiety take over at this first hurdle you'll be screwed down the line in a SIFT or similar interview, So trust in your ability and preparation and don't let it get to you.

SeaBiscuit

Badgeman
I have been given a date for my psychometric test to be a chef apprenticeship with the RFA. Yay!!
I applied for it at the beginning of August. !
Sept 1st is when the test is.
I am very nervous because I have dyslexia. I'm scared if I ask for help. I know everyone can be super nice about it. But some people don't understand how difficult learning can be when you have dyslexia.
I know you don't have to be a GENIUS! But was never able to pass my English or Maths GCSE in school.
I really want this! But I'm scared my anxiety will take over and I won't be good enough. I've been studying for this whole month in maths and mechanical compression tests but in still not improving.
I'm still very positive about going for this role! Practically I believe I have the ability to be the right fit. But academically I struggle.

Anyone got any advice?

Have you told them that you're dyslexic? They allow for that. Don't be worried about asking for help- it's not a problem, they have proper alternate methods in place. If you need help DM me and I'll give you some top tips. Things have changed- you'd be surprised how good you are, and how well trained the recruiters are at spotting talent.

Latest Threads