Need Help with badges on 4s

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
WreckerL said:
Joint_Force_Harrier said:
Trade Badge on you Right arm Anchors on your left. BET YOU WILL BE THE SMARTEST ON PARADE AND THE GI's WILL LOVE YOU!

You only wear your rate badges on your sleeve when your in No 1's, not your 4's as in the original bite

I know I was taking the P*ss!!!!

Bugger, I bit :oops:

brigham600

War Hero
Reminds of the 20 something female scablifter who was interviewed when the Daring arrived in Pompey and they questioned her about the accommodation aboard, her reply:

"Oh its great and much better than the 42's or Leanders ever were" Like she had ever served on either, stupid fecking bint.

nickelstack

Midshipman
sparks69 said:
nickelstack said:
5s became 3s and all that too.

And i fell asleep in NGT class. . . thankfully for you guys i didnt fall asleep in Blood Transfusion so you'll be fine there jsut dont laugh if my PO badges are on wrong arm :)

Shipmate (and I use that word lightly) if you were doing a blood transfusion for me I think I would be telling you to feck off and asking for someone else, especially if you don't know how to dress and sew on badges. :!:

:lol: i probably wouldnt blame you. You might not be in a positon to care who does it however ;)

Done thousands of transfusion since both here and in the various shit holes over the years. YOU'LL BE FINE :lol: :lol:

Anyways last time i wore 4's was 6 years ago, aint wore em since and guys its just a case that i dont fookin remember which arm had which. (my profession doesnt have a branch badge anymore so i couldnt even use that as a clue lol)

be lucky . . :)

scouse

War Hero
brigham600 said:
Reminds of the 20 something female scablifter who was interviewed when the Daring arrived in Pompey and they questioned her about the accommodation aboard, her reply:

"Oh its great and much better than the 42's or Leanders ever were" Like she had ever served on either, stupid fecking bint.
:wink: :wink: The last Leander Class vessel in Royal Navy service, Scylla, paid off in 1992 and joined the last of her sisterships laid up in Fareham Creek, Portsmouth. She would have been in nursery school !! then :wink:

dixie_gooner said:
cornishgolfer said:
FlagWagger said:
cornishgolfer said:
errrrrrrmmmmmm what are 4's?

8s after the last round of cuts.

So 4's used to be 8's? Wooly pullys stil worn? Not taking the piss I aint seen a matelot since I came here in 1998

Still have wooly pulleys, but no seamans jerseys

Oh I know that.........cant remember when we got wooly pulleys, but most prob in the late 70's? At Ga*#ges we had to wear seamens jerseys under our Nos 2's, scratch n itch or what to my pure and untouched Cornish skin! Thank feck I was only there for 6 weeks!!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
cornishgolfer said:
dixie_gooner said:
cornishgolfer said:
FlagWagger said:
cornishgolfer said:
errrrrrrmmmmmm what are 4's?

8s after the last round of cuts.

So 4's used to be 8's? Wooly pullys stil worn? Not taking the piss I aint seen a matelot since I came here in 1998

Still have wooly pulleys, but no seamans jerseys

Oh I know that.........cant remember when we got wooly pulleys, but most prob in the late 70's? At Ga*#ges we had to wear seamens jerseys under our Nos 2's, scratch n itch or what to my pure and untouched Cornish skin! Thank feck I was only there for 6 weeks!!!

Grunters got wooley pulleys first, then S/R's then the damn J/R's in 1975. I've still got my seamens jerseys, good for using as scrubbing cloths. Seem to remember doubling round Ganges parade ground for not standing still when wearing them (and having to sew a name tape onto them)

brigham600

War Hero
scouse said:
brigham600 said:

:wink: :wink: The last Leander Class vessel in Royal Navy service, Scylla, paid off in 1992 and joined the last of her sisterships laid up in Fareham Creek, Portsmouth. She would have been in nursery school !! then :wink:

Scouse, my point exactly lah. Had four Leanders and loved them, brilliant ships.

We had a killick MA on all of them as well and I am sure he had his badge on the correct arm. :p :lol:

I remember the seamans jersey as well and I hated wearing the darn thing as it used to itch like bugerry and even worse when combined with the old Nbr 2 uniform. 8O

Seaweed

RIP
Book Reviewer
Uh? don't all medical rates have to wear a Red Cross-based branch badge as some sort of Geneva Convention thing, to mark them as medics?

sparks69

Midshipman
nickelstack said:
sparks69 said:
nickelstack said:
5s became 3s and all that too.

And i fell asleep in NGT class. . . thankfully for you guys i didnt fall asleep in Blood Transfusion so you'll be fine there jsut dont laugh if my PO badges are on wrong arm :)

Shipmate (and I use that word lightly) if you were doing a blood transfusion for me I think I would be telling you to feck off and asking for someone else, especially if you don't know how to dress and sew on badges. :!:

:lol: i probably wouldnt blame you. You might not be in a positon to care who does it however ;)

Done thousands of transfusion since both here and in the various shit holes over the years. YOU'LL BE FINE :lol: :lol:

Anyways last time i wore 4's was 6 years ago, aint wore em since and guys its just a case that i dont fookin remember which arm had which. (my profession doesnt have a branch badge anymore so i couldnt even use that as a clue lol)
be lucky . . :)

Right, bored of you now you cnut. You must have worn your 4's when you were an AB/LH with your medics bandge. (red cross on a white background with a blue circle.) If you still don't remember then look at your number 1's. You still have a badge on there!!!!!! :roll:

scouse

War Hero
brigham600 said:
scouse said:
brigham600 said:

Scouse, my point exactly lah. Had four Leanders and loved them, brilliant ships. edit My last ship HMS Danae aircrewman :oops: Loads of room :wink: :wink: Top bunk in a side mess of 6 Killicks :wink: :wink: Me senior :oops: didnt have to make my bunk up properly :oops: :oops: dont tell PO its a woos secret :roll: :roll: