Hi I'm just about to go to Raleigh in a few weeks and need the following questions answered:

1) Are showers at HMS Raleigh private?
2) Do you get ANY leave for the duration of your Phase 1 training?
3) How many persons in one dorm?

Any answers would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks.

Faded

Midshipman
Hi I'm just about to go to Raleigh in a few weeks and need the following questions answered:

1) Are showers at HMS Raleigh private?
2) Do you get ANY leave for the duration of your Phase 1 training?
3) How many persons in one dorm?

Any answers would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks.
1) No

2) Only if it falls on a leave period

3) I would say 30+

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
1) No

2) Only if it falls on a leave period

3) I would say 30+
Concur.

Has the OP attended PRNC yet? They are precisely the questions which PRNC addresses.

Again, the armed forces aren't for everyone but it's a little concerning that someone gets as far as securing an allocated entry date without seeking answers to questions such as those raised from the outset.

10 bay communal showers.

5 hours leave on the Sunday of week 7 and Saturday of week 9 assuming you don’t get it removed, like our week 9 was for a few being *********

Phase one accommodation is 30man open plan mess decks.

As Ninja says it’s concerning you’ve got this far and not know this, even a curious glance on the internet about INT would turn up numerous sources including the horror show that was Royal Navy School

10 bay communal showers.

5 hours leave on the Sunday of week 7 and Saturday of week 9 assuming you don’t get it removed, like our week 9 was for a few being *********

Phase one accommodation is 30man open plan mess decks.

As Ninja says it’s concerning you’ve got this far and not know this, even a curious glance on the internet about INT would turn up numerous sources including the horror show that was Royal Navy School
That show really is something, because for people like me who have no experience of what it's like in the navy, I didn't think it was that bad. Can't just be me as I think Ninja's said it raised recruitment levels after it aired.

And yet those who've actually served hate it. Amazing how they made a show so divisive.

It just doesn’t do the process justice, so there’s no weeks 1-4, no Jupiter point, no Bright Diamond. There was also a lot of focus on the people that weren’t doing well and situations that weren’t relivant.
I’ll be honest though the program came out before I applied and I turned to my partner at the time and said to her, “I reckon I could do that, doesn’t look too hard,” On the other hand my parents watched it after I started raleigh and it put the fear of god into my mum that I was going to get discharged.

1 yes only RN are allowed
2 if your lucky, if not no
3 apparently 30, as its always been

Enjoy it's different, but if you let it grow on you its a good life.

It just doesn’t do the process justice, so there’s no weeks 1-4, no Jupiter point, no Bright Diamond. There was also a lot of focus on the people that weren’t doing well and situations that weren’t relivant.
I’ll be honest though the program came out before I applied and I turned to my partner at the time and said to her, “I reckon I could do that, doesn’t look too hard,” On the other hand my parents watched it after I started raleigh and it put the fear of god into my mum that I was going to get discharged.
I agree with the problems. Less backstories, more of how the good people are doing would have been nice.

Maybe I'm just boring, but I'd have liked to see of the class room elements as well. Not as exciting for the audience as clowns getting shouted at, but more useful for those wanting to join.

I agree with the problems. Less backstories, more of how the good people are doing would have been nice.

Maybe I'm just boring, but I'd have liked to see of the class room elements as well. Not as exciting for the audience as clowns getting shouted at, but more useful for those wanting to join.
All good ideas, unfortunately the TV company wanted what sells a programme, not what future recruits want to see.
Look at the so called reality TV, reality for whom?
Look at X Factor, the video footage of contestants is the ones that have had it so tough, you don't see to many of those that had the good life and up binging, as that doesn't sell TV Shows.

You're not boring per se. It's a reality TV programme. Being useful is not really what it's there for.