Need advice !!!!!

FT738930

Midshipman
Hi wondering if anyone could me any advice I’m currently serving in the RN as a steward and don’t want do the cross over course as I have tired it and hated the galley environment so wondering anyone help about branch transfer as I’ve only been in under one year I was second last steward class go through and I don’t want just sit about for years and not get promoted or just get put on the aircraft carrier too ride my time out I love being In the Royal Navy I didn’t apply to be a steward but obviously my score wasn’t the vest but I still wanted to join I don’t know what options I’ve got would they let me move branch or possibly move it another service army or RAF ? Any help would be much appreciated thank you

crash_evans

War Hero
Has the divisional chain been “done away with”, over the last few years?
It would appear so. Especially amusing when a member of your division on here asks questions but doesn't quite like the whole 'face to face' thing of actually doing anything.

Irony score 10/10

On topic:
I would really like to know what the guys and girls involved with Project Unify really think about it.
I have a Chief Stupid (blue badge Wren) opposite my office and by all accounts it has it's positives and negatives. Maybe @dapperdunn will be able to shed some light on the counter?

You need to start by talking to your division officer. Hope you get a result.
This. With bloody great big bells on.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have a Chief Stupid (blue badge Wren) opposite my office and by all accounts it has it's positives and negatives. Maybe @dapperdunn will be able to shed some light on the counter?
Well Crash, as a source branch Caterer, I'd have no problems with it whatsoever. I did the Steward Training at Pembroke, although their 8 week course only took us a fortnight. I did my part 4 training at Vernon and deployed on Naiad as a baby STD. I even ran the bar books on there, as the Killick STD couldn't manage them.

However, things have changed, as they have a propensity to do.
Chefs have not been trained to be Stewards, so they naturally won't want to start fluffing pillows. Some Stewards I know would manage just fine cooking, but how much do they want to do it? Do you really want your meals cooked by someone who doesn't want to be cooking them? (Left myself open there I know) Stewarding is a shit job. None of the J/R Chefs I know want to do it. At S/R level, it's not really a problem as you are only managing.

I guess the Pusser has to find a way to recruit more Chefs.It also has to find something to do with all the Stewards who will find themselves without a Raison D'Etre very shortly.

Last edited:

Seadog

War Hero
Brexit, G20, knife crime, Conservative Party leadership, Corbyn, Migration genuine asylum seekers and chancers, love a tranny today, climate change, Jihadis, Iran, North Korea, RN branch changing.

One of the above is not Current Affairs.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Brexit, G20, knife crime, Conservative Party leadership, Corbyn, Migration genuine asylum seekers and chancers, love a tranny today, climate change, Jihadis, Iran, North Korea, RN branch changing.

One of the above is not Current Affairs.
I know! I Know!
Its Corbyn. Because he was having an affair with Ms Abbott, but now isn't. So the affair is not current?

fishhead

War Hero
It is a very current affair as far as the OP is concerned.
I can't believe Pusser didn't see this coming or if they did chose to ignore the likely upshot. There was never likely to be a scenario where everyone was happy about being cross-trained but I suppose offering any kind of escape route would have seen too many trying to duck under the wire.

Sumo

War Hero
I didn't even notice that until BH put in his request for the Groan button! I suppose the eye/brain sees what it wants.

Sumo never noticed either........... ;)
I did you highlighted it.
How does one have an affair with a currant, that would be shocking o_O

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Need Advice: Reserves to Regulars Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
O In need of advice. Probably wrong section of fourm Joining the Royal Navy 12
F Need advice !!!! Miscellaneous 11
Jade coats Need advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
A Last year in school need advice about joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
A Pregnant - need advice Nearest & Dearest 5
L Need advice please Joining the Royal Navy 44
D Need Medical advice ASAP! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Wee-lad Need advice WE(SM) or ME(SM) Submariners 31
norbastard90s PMU'd. Need cover letter advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P Been offered ETWE Boats... Need advice! Submariners 22
southernbhoy96 Asthma chances need advice Health & Fitness 10
B Need a little help and actual advice please! UPO 1
M Considering joining the navy but need advice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C need advice quickly! The Corps 7
C At medical stage of recruitment process, need advice! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
J Need some advice please guys Health & Fitness 16
C Need some advice asap Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
G New and need some advice Nearest & Dearest 10
T Need advice re: RMR joining in 1-2 years. RMR 1
D Need help and advice with job choices Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Newbie in need of friendly advice/mocking! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T Need some advice please. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Failed my Medical - Need some advice Health & Fitness 18
M Need relationship advice Diamond Lil's 37
F Need some AET terminology advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
L Need some medical advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
V In need of advice (Failed RT) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
R I need some good advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
M In need of advice from a AFCO The Corps 26
1ManRiot Thinking about having another go... need some advice RMR 18
cmontheroyals need some advice The Corps 16
D RMR - Need advice RMR 6
S a newbie in need of some serious advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
MoD_RSS The UK stands by Lebanon and its people in time of need MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Do you need to leave your home area to achieve a better life? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Majority of children no longer need to shield MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dounreay cash reaches groups in need during Coronavirus lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code deadlines affected by the Covid-19 emergency - What tenants need to know MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Organising mixed ability pupils in smaller groups and helping those who need to catch up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ensuring humanitarian resources reach those most in need MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homeowners need to check before starting work near flood defences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing the pressing humanitarian need in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance published to ensure transport network is safe for those who need to use it MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £16 million for food charities to provide meals for those in need MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The need for lasting peace in Colombia is even greater in these uncertain times MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting PPE to those who need it MoD News 0
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS We need a national effort to build testing capacity on a massive scale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor strengthens support on offer for business as first government-backed loans reach firms in need MoD News 0