Need advice WE(SM) or ME(SM)

Wee-lad

Midshipman
Well it's been a quick three years but I am now on the tail end of a merchant navy cadetship (engineering) finishing this year. Seen some of the world albeit on ship's crewed by eastern Europeans. Wonder how everyone else is doing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Sumo

War Hero
Well it's been a quick three years but I am now on the tail end of a merchant navy cadetship (engineering) finishing this year. Seen some of the world albeit on ship's crewed by eastern Europeans. Wonder how everyone else is doing

Well not the submarine career you spoke of, but still a career at sea, well done

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It is nice when folk keep in touch! Good on you!

Still not too late to get a MAH-hoosive pay rise and join boats........... ;)

Wee-lad

Midshipman
Haha I have been thinking about RFA, will have to do the HND for that though so I will see how things go
Regarding dits one which sticks out was the very pissed off Bulgarian chief engineer who caught one watch ( not the one I was on) all playing Uno together on watch
Turns out it's a big no no and very nearly sacked all three of them ,quite the spectacle when he called every down to the control room for a meeting and announced his findings we all just stood in shock and pissed ourselves once he left the room ( the lads who got caught where not) I will never forget the look on the other cadets face haha what made it better was the russian first engineer who could barely speak English tried to bollock them aswell

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
There you go - a cracking MN dit!

Not like the panel bat phone calling, with the disembodied voice saying 'you have 10 seconds to name the 7 dwarves' or similar.

Or transferring water for a trim - then forgetting to cut the pump and wondering why Ship Control are getting flustered........... (not me............. )

Or dropping Search for a racket dangerous when the TASO's foot was on the edge of the periscope well.... OUCH!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
There you go - a cracking MN dit!

Not like the panel bat phone calling, with the disembodied voice saying 'you have 10 seconds to name the 7 dwarves' or similar.

Or transferring water for a trim - then forgetting to cut the pump and wondering why Ship Control are getting flustered........... (not me............. )

Or dropping Search for a racket dangerous when the TASO's foot was on the edge of the periscope well.... OUCH!
I've done the middle one, only remembered I still had the pump running when I noticed the planesman rowing for Britain.

Curious fact, if you put your feet up on the panel, they cover the flowmeters so you can't see your pumping! ;)

Wee-lad

Midshipman
I suppose that the HNC I get from the course gives me the option of going for the UGAS or AA scheme, might give that a crack once I finish up here :)