Need Abit of Help Please...

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by adamson1693, Apr 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im going to be taking my interview from the job as a Officer in Warfare for the Royal Marines. My interview is in Preston and i have been advised to start revising and increase my naval knowledge of 'everything'. But my problem is where to start? My knowledge is very limited at the moment so where do i start revising 'everything' i heard there is some very good guides on here but can't seem to find them, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave A

2. O boy.......

3. Dave

Welcome!

Which elements of the recruitment process have you completed so far?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. I have done the psychometric test which went well, passed my medical examination, done my PJFT fine and now i have a interview.... this is where im stuck?

5. You'll certainly be asked about your training pipeline, I can tell you that. Where will your training be?

By the way, what did you offer in the way of qualifications?

6. Im doing my A levels now should have around 200 UCAS points by the end hopefully... and i have no idea the careers office in Preston referred me to this website saying they have some good guides to passing your interview....

7. Basically, what you need is an idea as to what you will be asked about at the Sift Interview.

I can just give you starters for ten ..... such as ...... what is the Potential Officers' Course, what is the Admiralty Interview Board?

Have a look at this:

royal-marines-officer-training-course

Where would you find 40 Commando, 42 Commando and 45 Commando based? Are any of them on deployment at the moment? Where?

How is the Corps structured?

You will be expected to know about the Royal Navy in a broader sense as well - structure, role etc.

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/corps/332...ing-training-queries-here-48.html#post1026775

I'd have a look at the PRMC forum, too, actually.

PRMC - Join the Royal Marines - Official Site

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  8. That's what the Corps needs for Officers young men of character who can pull finger, find a website and get spoonfed.
    Well done young thruster.

9. Wow!

1. These Defence economies are even starting to hit the Recruiting Service if that's really the case.

2. Regardless, it is refreshing to note that RR is gaining recognition for the wise (yet officially unofficial) advice regularly dispensed here.

3. Does Soleil get to wear a Uniform now, I wonder......:wink:

Best of Luck - Lots to be searched & found here to start you on your quest.

Bob

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Will it be the one She's wearing on the picci thread?

11. Cheers thats a great help... :)