Need a little help organising my exit strategy.

I have my PRNC around the 3rd of August and I start RT around the 17th of September.

Now I have recently started a new job (great money and I am abusing it for the 8 weeks training also it is a multibillion financial institutions so I am not screwing over a small business etc...).

My question is I have floated the idea of getting a week off around August time with the company and they have politely declined and I am too new and expendable to press the issue, but a month and half unemployed is a going to be tough (not impossible).

So I have boiled it down to 3 options (more options would be welcomed).

1. Be the honest employee everyone aspires to be, (I have 1 weeks notice in this job for the first six months) so about 2 weeks before PRNC put it to them straight, and see if they'll let me have the time off for the PRNC if not quit.

2. Phone the AFCO and enquire if there is a PRNC available at a later date (does anyone know more about this, I am currently living in Glasgow).

3. If 1 & 2 fail, attempt to find a new job for post PRNC.

Any advice assistance etc... Would be greatly appreciated.

@PotentialCT I have been totally honest with my employer, I started the process of re-joining the RN in October last year and informed them when I passed medical and PJFT in February. Just waiting on SC currently.

My employer was happier that I had informed them I would be leaving at some point so that I can train a replacement when I get my start date.

Some employers may treat it differently but I always think the best approach is to be totally up front, after all you are not leaving to go to a rival company, you are joining the Armed Forces and they should be happy for you.

Best of luck with it

@PotentialCT I have been totally honest with my employer, I started the process of re-joining the RN in October last year and informed them when I passed medical and PJFT in February. Just waiting on SC currently.

My employer was happier that I had informed them I would be leaving at some point so that I can train a replacement when I get my start date.

Some employers may treat it differently but I always think the best approach is to be totally up front, after all you are not leaving to go to a rival company, you are joining the Armed Forces and they should be happy for you.

Best of luck with it
I was honest with my previous employer because I had cleared my probation so it would have been illegal for them to sack me for seeking new work.

However during probation they can let you go for practically anything. It is completely valid to let someone go because you think the time & resources you are putting in won't be returned during their probation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk