need a but of help

katie-07

Newbie
right i wanna join the royal navy or the royal air force i no there completly different but any way just wanna no what i need to do to get in it would be grat if somebody could help
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
Lamri said:
That you Chico?
I am rolled up on the floor in waves of pain between choking on my dinner, I can't believe you did that, I haven't screamed with laughter so much in years...In my mind your voice sounds like Mr T............oh God I can't stop... :grin:
 
Haha!!
Glad that tickled, CT :D

On a more serious note, Katie, which do you prefer, Seasickness or Airsickness?
 

katie-07

Newbie
hahah i dont get none an i dont want help like that i meen say i wanted to join the navy what would i have to do to gett in?
 
Go to your local AFCO, same as for Crabair ;)
There you will find a plethora of valuable assistance, although most of it to be honest from pamphlets :)
Find out from either reading up the pamphlets or looking at the careersy bit on either the RN or RAF websites and make your choice.
Once you go into whichever AFCO, do not let the person you speak to try to talk you into joining up as something you don't want to do or you WILL regret it forever!! He/she will tell you anything to get you to join up as a whatever they need at the time, even telling you that its easy to change once you're in, which it damn well isn't.
Hope this is more helpful Katie
 

andym

War Hero
katie-07 said:
hahah i dont get none an i dont want help like that i meen say i wanted to join the navy what would i have to do to gett in?
Brush up on your spelling for one! :shock:
 

katie-07

Newbie
awww thanx i appriciate that but ive visited both websites an at the moment my heart is set on the royal navy an i phoned up an there sending a info pack out an then ive got to book a appointment at a office in town but i meen like what will i ned to know or be capable of if u no what i meen
 
katie-07 said:
awww thanx i appriciate that but ive visited both websites an at the moment my heart is set on the royal navy an i phoned up an there sending a info pack out an then ive got to book a appointment at a office in town but i meen like what will i ned to know or be capable of if u no what i meen
Ok it HAS been mentioned more than once on this site, stop typing in text-speak.
Us old farts don't know what you're saying and it seems very lazy too.
You will need to pass exams to get into the forces, and command of the English language is obligatory.
 
Right you old salts

You very kindly keep answering all the same questions - what shall I do... can you tell me how... can you give me any advice about... Have you considered posting a thread in Newbies giving them the answers before they ask the questions, or have you all got it saved and just cut and paste it?

As for the spelling, whilst I do not normally comment on this, I can't believe that so many people appear to have such a poor grasp of, or just can't be arsed to use, correct spelling or grammar. Let's hope they perform better during the Recruit Test!

Oh Sh!t - have I made any spelling or gramatical errors?

Anyway, whilst I have your attention, can you tell me how to......... :shock:
 
katie-07 said:
sorry about the way i type its just become a habbit i shall try and stop it.

well 'Katie' with a nick like mine I wouldn't dare post a thread with this heading - I'd be the 'but' (sic) of very cruel humour. I won't do that to you then because quite frankly you do it for yourself, and, please don't change the way you write - it will help the selection process immensely I'm sure.

Your country needs you!!!!! Not quite sure what for but hey I'm a cynical over-educated 40 something has-been ...

Medical experiments perhaps ... hmmm
 
golden_rivet said:
katie-07 said:
sorry about the way i type its just become a habbit i shall try and stop it.

well 'Katie' with a nick like mine I wouldn't dare post a thread with this heading - I'd be the 'but' (sic) of very cruel humour. I won't do that to you then because quite frankly you do it for yourself, and, please don't change the way you write - it will help the selection process immensely I'm sure.

Your country needs you!!!!! Not quite sure what for but hey I'm a cynical over-educated 40 something has-been ...

Medical experiments perhaps ... hmmm

at least taggers make the place look a bit more cheerful -
 

Similar threads


Top