need a bit of help- selection interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by bryan, Nov 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive got the sheet on what kind of things i need to know but the RN website is down and i know some basics but need to know more, going in as an AET.
    any help would be appriciated
    thankyou

2. When is your interview date?
    The RN website should be back up within the next few days so assuming it's not before then you should be alright I reckon

3. Can you be more precise about what you want to know, bjb?

4. its on the 16th, next tuesday

5. im finding it hard knowing which aircraft is attatched to a ship or squadron, and at what point you choose, avionic or mechanic ect.
    ship recognition

6. Merlins - Carrier(s), RFA's and some Frigates

Lnyx - Frigates

GR Harriers (RIP) - just about on carriers

Seakings - Deserts

Seakings SAR - Lifting chimps off mountains and from the oggin.

I belive you choose you trade during part 2 training at Sultan these days. I'm sure Shag Shacker can confirm the exact time?

Maybe a good time to change your user name too -Persec!!! :D

7. There is a .pdf kicking about.
    The link I have is
    http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/pdf/RN_Ships_and_Subs_Jan09.pdf

However it doesn't seem to work anymore.
    I know myself and soleil have linked to it before, so maybe it is out of date now.
    If so I can email you a copy, however it is probably just located somewhere else now and as such I'm sure someone will have the new link and be along shortly.

8. thanks

9. thankyou- great info :)

10. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

Might be a good idea go back and edit your post to remove your email address.

11. OJ

You can't access that all singing all dancing PDF I like to hand out because it lives on the Royal Navy's website which has errm just cough gone away for a bit of R and R .........

:)

Edit: may be able to get it somehow though .......

12. mmm I'll second that ...

:)

13. fair point, :)

14. Ah....I did forget about the recent...umm...need to R&R that the Royal Navy website has required

Silly OJ

edit- I thought I had it saved as I have emailed it to another potential OC, but I can't seem to find it on my work pc.

Most likely the R&R will be over in a few more days and the link will be accessible then.
    I did see it blown up to A3 size on a RM recruitment portacabin over the weekend. I asked if they had a copy (as reading it on a A4 copy is not the easiest of tasks), but they suggested that my local AFCO would have some as they had run out by that point.
    Might be worth a try.