Nearest pub from the main gate/Fish Heads est/ included

Ship and Castle is 1-2 The Hard, right on the corner as you come out of Victory Gate, then you've got, or had, Jubilee News and the fish and chip shop, then the Ship Anson, then the Ship Leopard (now closed).

Wouldn't have a clue about Guzz in fairness.

Jolly Sailor ---when leaving Portland on living site just before the end..................... must have been 30 second walk 2 hour stagger back

I can vaguely picture it now you mention it.

I used to love the old Ships Anson and Leopard for a DTS on my rare visits to Pompey in the 70s and 80s.

scouse said:
RNAS Lossiemouth HMS Fulmar :wink: Coulard Bank
Was it a pub? 8O

I went when it was RAF Lossiemouth and thought it was a coffee shop! (I am talking 2215 not 9 am here too).

Congrats to all of you who can remember the names. It was just the 'first pub outside the gates'. sod the name just pour the pint landlord. :lol:

Waspie said:
scouse said:
RNAS Lossiemouth HMS Fulmar :wink: Coulard Bank
Was it a pub? 8O

I went when it was RAF Lossiemouth and thought it was a coffee shop! (I am talking 2215 not 9 am here too).

Congrats to all of you who can remember the names. It was just the 'first pub outside the gates'. sod the name just pour the pint landlord. :lol:
:wink: :wink: Mega pub upstairs and downstairs, Gilf landlady. hey up the bus is comming. Run like mad to catch the bus to Elgin at the stop outside the maingate!!!