Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Nazi!

geoffrey said:
To those who have emigrated and snipe from thousands of miles away - thanks but no thanks. We have to live here.

At the risk of dragging this thread further into the mire...

If this comment is a direct dig at me, then I think a response is warranted in self-defence. If not, them I'm being over-sensitive, but...

1. The reason I'm thousands of miles away is solely down to the UK Government policy, and its lack of support for the industries within which I was encouraged to work, encouraged no less by a Government Quango 20 odd years ago. In the last 3 years, I have been effectively deprived of permanent job prospects, and then when I went self-employed came under a punitive tax regime. By the way, having emigrated, I'm still liable for UK tax and NI so I haven't completely escaped Gordon's clutches.

2. Am I happy to have emigrated? No, I'd much rather be in the UK, but living under a fair regime that does not extract ever increasing amounts of money from tax-payers to spend it on an ever burgeoning public sector that adds nothing tangible to the British economy. Taxation should be fair and more to the point, it should represent the wishes of the majority of the electorate - its our money, and the politicians are meant to be doing our bidding after all!

3. I have a strong sense of duty - I have never shirked from RNR obligations and this year will be only the second year in over 20 years that I won't achieve bounty (the other time was study leave for an OU degree). I actually investigated the option of continuing my RNR commitment over here in Canada attached to the Canadian forces, but this wasn't possible.

4. I feel strongly that the UK is on a dangerous slippery slope - the mass immigration of recent years has changed the UK beyond recognition from even 10 years ago. Religious extremism of all flavours is unhealthy and for a Muslim cleric to say to the Home Secretary "How dare you come to a Muslim area" is beyond the pale. I think experiment in multi-culturalism has failed - its time for the UK to reassert its character and culture and stop pandering to the liberal elite. Will forced re-patriation work? No; is it morally right? also no. Do I agree with it? Again no.

5. I'm currently living in a country that is full of immigrants - in my time here I've been made welcome, but the preponderance of Canadian flags and patriotic messages has also made clear to me which country I'm in; my kids' school has a "wear red to support our troops" day on Fridays - my youngest lad wore a red England football shirt last week and received a few comments. In the UK, would a British person dare to comment on the apparent unpatriotic nature of someone's clothing? My lads are both learning the words to "Oh Canada" - its sung at Scouts and also at School - they want to conform, they're not complaining that its not their national anthem. I'm happy to conform to the Canadian standards, support the local troops and try not to impose my lifestyle values on my neighbours - I'm the interloper here, not them. I'd be happy if the interlopers into Britain could do likewise.

Flags

OH SORRY
Yes you are a Nazi maybe not a card carrying one but a Nazi all the same.
I just hope (tongue in cheek) that you do not run foul with your former workmates.

Now things are hotting up nicely. Rock!
There is a pool of people on here who crow their liberal views and gob off against anyone who dares to speak their mind. Racist and Bigot, what a boring cry, why is someone a racist or a bigot cos he doesn't like someone else? I have met some white brit males I have detested, does that make me racist against them? No, I just don't like them, and although `i have met and worked with the odd muslim that seemed ok I still don't trust them as a collective group because of the actions you see from thousands of them on TV all the time (anti cartoon / burn the pope etc.).
To have their children doing it as well is a disgrace on a par with the IRA ********* who had their kids on marches as well.
They say islam is a religion of peace, but they bring the sprogs up on hatred. Anyone who can't see that is blind.
Also digs about people "sniping from far away" just cos some of us are not still chained to the skirts of the UK and / or have the balls to travel (without the mob to hold our hands), we still come from the UK and will have our say.
I am still a UK citizen and come back often, I can stand up and say it is sliding down a slope of shit, it is still not as bad as some, but a lot worse than some others.

Just as a side note, and it might be slightly off subject.

When was the last time you had sex levers, you sound in desperate need of something....

Levers_Aligned said:
dt018a9667 said:
Leavers.

If I am right you are a serving member of OUR services.

Yes! Amazing amount of deduction and perception, there dt. Dunno what the **** gave that away.

If so I would like to remind you in whose employment you are in, and who pays your wages, your future pension etc. Some of your comments on this site tend to forget this fact.

Listen. I don't recall where the **** it says in my contract I have to subscribe to some right wing ideal which licenses homophobic, racist and sexist bigotry in the level and scope that is witnessed on these boards. My job description has nothing in it that alludes to anything you are inferring. Show me where it says that if I don't hold a certain point of view (i.e. that of a long-past-it bunch of can't-let-goes) that my pension and gratuity are up for grabs. You, like a lot of your ilk, are talking out of your ******* hoop. It again illustrates how dated and sunken your whole value systems are and why each week I have to go into battle with irrational, indignant little facists on here, each one with subsumed power issues, and each one of them yearning for a dated navy which only appealed to laugh-a-century Jim ******* Davidson (and where is he now - the good old Brit-loving Union Flagger? Oh, erm ... yeah)

I also have to say that after reading this thread from the beginning a lot of hot air and crap have been expended. Quite honestly I was glad to get to the end of it.

Well, move along now sir. Nothing to see for you, then, is there?

Subtext - I can't follow the plot

Levers

Leavers
Do you ever engage your brain before you start one of your ranting replies?
If you had taken time to read what I stated and put it in with what AU had to say
(So don’t tell me I should be mindless and how MY money is spent is not my concern you overbearing patronising twat, I may be helpless to change what’s happening but I still have the right to complain). I was just reminding you of who was paying for your current life.
Yes we do have the right to know how our money is being spent and on what etc no mater what you think.

And as for(Subtext - I can't follow the plot) I will put it in plain English, it was a bit tedious to put it mildly, I’m right with my point of view, no I’m right with mine, no your wrong I’m right, and on and on. All very childish with you one of the ones leading the way.

One last thing please try and calm down you will not last very long outside ranting and raving as you do it’s not like the services. with civvy companies you speak your mind and you will be out on your ear. Few of them pay any regard to the employment laws.
Why don’t you ease up a bit and just join us old farts when your time comes?
Sad to say it’s not all bad out here in Civvy Street.

Observing the standard of writing and the level of thinking of some contributing to this thread makes it easier to understand why UK is what it is, and sinking rapidly. I suggest more than one contributer should seek some form of therapy and one in particular I would not like as a neighbour, perhaps more appropriately housed in a suitable institution. I just hope this country becomes a republic and severs contact with that country of losers before the overflow pollutes this fair land.The inability to communicate at an adult level in any form does not auger well for any nation and by George some involved in what has degenerated to something akin to a literary cess pit need further education of some kind but in the meantime please remain where you are. Not so keen about the forthcoming cricket tests now as I'll think of some of those on this thread when I look at the antics of the Barmy Army.

Levers wrote,
What 'birthright' is that, then UA? Some imagined, chestbeating, Union Flagged image of 'being British'? Blimey. You'd never think we were a nation of Irish/Scottish/Welsh/French/Dutch/German/Scandanavian (... goes on for many pages) extraction, would you? Which cuckoos from the past displease you then? Or is everyone's blood pure since WW2? In your tiny mind, the only person worthy of this nation is you ... and a few of whom you choose, isn't it UA? Everyone else ... 'liberals', 'darkies' and them ******* eastern Europeans (' ... oo've come ovah 'ere to nick our fakkin jobs, innit?') they can all just **** off, eh? Enoch was completely right (because you imagined he said something about this country exploding in a tide of racial violence (which it has done for hundreds of years, anyway)) and gawd rest his soul. ******* 'birthright'? You're ******* welcome to it. I'm wholly British, with Irish extraction. I am every bit proud of my country, but people like you make me ******* weep.

And you are doing what exactly, to put all of these perceived wrongs right?
That is apart from making inflamatory statements, that are very similar to the statement that started this thread.
I am well aware of my own mixed ancestry, but very proud to be English first and British second. I will say this though, all of my ancestors came here to be British, adopt the British way of life, learnt the language. paid their taxes, served in the armed forces. Those that had a different religion, quietly carried on with it, with out making demands that the already settled, indiginous population change their laws and ways to match theirs!They blended in and became accepted.
Thats all that we want. In some area's of this Country we are strangers, never hearing our native tongue. I am happy for people to come here if they want to better themselves, but they have to make the effort too.
RoofRat

UncleAlbert said:
OK levers I shouldn`t crow but it was funny watching you make an idiot of yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, my wife of 40 years is Irish and one of my sprogs was born in Dundonald Hospital so that sort of blows your “everyones racist except me†theory clean out of the water.

Would you like to try another tack. LOL.

*yawn* Is this a 'I'm more Irish than you' pissing contest? If so, my father (who served this country in World War II and was decorated) was born in Sligo, and somes from a long line of Republic-based Irish families)

Mmmmkay?

The original 'tack' was that like Lingyai with his 'ragheads' posturing, I'd say that you wouldn't be so quick to slag them off face to face. There is a point, and indeed a difference.

Wondered how long it would take for the ******** the get involved said:
Now things are hotting up nicely. Rock!
There is a pool of people on here who crow their liberal views and gob off against anyone who dares to speak their mind. Racist and Bigot, what a boring cry, why is someone a racist or a bigot cos he doesn't like someone else? I have met some white brit males I have detested, does that make me racist against them?

Jesus. It's like listening to a 12 year old, isn't it? You just don't get it, do you Lingyai? A boring cry? Okay, to you it may be. But it is accurate, and in context, and ******* like you don't like us 'liberals' (again, if only you knew) because for every simple-minded, Daily Star shit-splatter that comes from your tiny mind, people like us 'liberals' just counter with human logic and reasoning. If that is so bad for you, then I am glad you are overseas, and troubling some other nation (that can't get it's shit together, by the sound of it) rather than Britain.

No, I just don't like them, and although `i have met and worked with the odd muslim that seemed ok I still don't trust them as a collective group because of the actions you see from thousands of them on TV all the time (anti cartoon / burn the pope etc.).

So, all Muslims subscribe to that notion, huh? Have you asked them all about it? Every one? I'd say that where the Pope is concerned, his choice of words could have been slightly better made, given the current climate, wouldn't you? I'd also say that unbeknownst to you (because you obviously have trouble interpreting anything newsworthy outside of the Red Tops) had he said that 20 years ago, it wouldn't have even made the local paper, but given the medias propensity to stir things up, we have full coverage, rent-a-quote and images of crowds protesting, just to give a frission of fear to small-minded racists like you. Let me just remind you that back at the beginning of the 80s, a muslim shot the last Pope. We didn't see the protests at his visit back then, because it 'wasn't news'.

To have their children doing it as well is a disgrace on a par with the IRA ********* who had their kids on marches as well.
They say islam is a religion of peace, but they bring the sprogs up on hatred. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

And Christianity is the bastion of peace a freedom, yeah? We haven't got the most powerful nation on earth being led by an all-but Christian Fundamentalist leader on what amounts to a Crusade to corner the world's remaining oil supplies? Tell me. At what age did you learn about 'God'?

When was the last time you had sex levers, you sound in desperate need of something....

You are a funny guy, Lingyai. Honest. Is that 'something' freely available where you are (for money, of course)? And there's me wondering why it was you left the UK.

Do you ever engage your brain before you start one of your ranting replies?
If you had taken time to read what I stated and put it in with what AU had to say

?

I was just reminding you of who was paying for your current life.
Yes we do have the right to know how our money is being spent and on what etc no mater what you think.

Tell me. Who actually is paying for my current life? The way you put it, I'd say you believe the treasury puts cash into my account and by that dint of fact, I should be grateful, tug my forelock and not have an opinion (outside the given loads of bollocks on these pages). Wrong again. 'Our' money? What? You pay my wages? Really? Well, I serve 'our' country at the moment. I have done for just short of three decades. I'd say this country has had value for money out of me, given my service history. What the **** do you know? Any idea what your money is actually being spent on ... squandered on wasted defence contracts, pissed down the drain on shit deals inside and outside the DPA, completely mismanaged at the highest levels, dispite the pleas and advice from serving members, like myself? No, I doubt it. You reckon me having a 'liberal' (ha!) PoV is actually wasting your money?

Open your eyes, for ****'s sake.

One last thing please try and calm down you will not last very long outside ranting and raving as you do it’s not like the services. with civvy companies you speak your mind and you will be out on your ear. Few of them pay any regard to the employment laws.

*shakes head*

Why don’t you ease up a bit and just join us old farts when your time comes?

You dropped this: " ... and join the legions of fucked up bigots and disillusioned can't-let-go's whose small-mindedness is a litmus paper for just why the country is such a ****-up."

Sad to say it’s not all bad out here in Civvy Street.

Aaaand ... when has that been a topic in this conversation?

Observing the standard of writing and the level of thinking of some contributing to this thread makes it easier to understand why UK is what it is, and sinking rapidly. I suggest more than one contributer should seek some form of therapy and one in particular I would not like as a neighbour, perhaps more appropriately housed in a suitable institution. I just hope this country becomes a republic and severs contact with that country of losers before the overflow pollutes this fair land.The inability to communicate at an adult level in any form does not auger well for any nation and by George some involved in what has degenerated to something akin to a literary cess pit need further education of some kind but in the meantime please remain where you are. Not so keen about the forthcoming cricket tests now as I'll think of some of those on this thread when I look at the antics of the Barmy Army.

???

And your point is, caller?

Levers

FlagWagger said:
geoffrey said:
To those who have emigrated and snipe from thousands of miles away - thanks but no thanks. We have to live here.

If this comment is a direct dig at me, then I think a response is warranted in self-defence. If not, them I'm being over-sensitive, but...

Bunting, my old fruit - your second option was correct! I wasn't digging at you. In fact, if it wasn't for the complete disdain with which the Canadian government hold their forces (CF rather than CAF rather than RCN? Pussies), I'd be over there like a flash. No country can be prouder of the contribution they have made to British democracy and freedom than Canada.

In other news..... can we stop this thread now? It doesn't paint Rum Ration, or the RN, in a particularly good light, and although this website is predominantly contributed to by veterans, it is supposed to be where current matelots come for a drip and a chinwag about the RN, not where ex-matelots rant about Political Correctness in the UK. With threads like this, it's no surprise that no-one serving ever uses this site.

To quote my close personal friend Levers ... *sheesh*

I agree, i am now a follower of Levers, My wife, my children, my grandchildren will have no opinions of their own, they will be tolerant of all people who agree with me, they will only read newspapers that i select, those with hard crosswords. They will paraphrase every word and dissect it like a surgeon, they will be free to impose my opinions on anyone that they chose. I am not a bigot, do not mess with me, or i will be down on you like a ton of shit. Levers, long may he reign for he is the only truth.

Yes indeed mate life IS a pissing contest and one in which you have never yet been a contestant, cocooned in the RN your experience of life in civy street seems very limited,
I don`t have a problem with that, you are serving and that commands a certain respect but this thread is about someone’s concern about what’s happening to England’s green and pleasant land. Something that you obviously neither know or care anything about. And why should you, with a Navy desperate for recruits you may strut and posture without the fear of being disrated by an accountant or put on the scrap heap by a work study group, brought in solely to save money. OK so the smart arse Irish in you will say, that’s already happening, but believe me sunshine it is as nothing compared with civy street.
When you come out through the gates as no doubt you one day will you are going to have big problems, I hope that when that time comes and you have to make your way in the big pissing contest that you sneer at now, I truly hope that you will cope with the pressures that you will be subjected to.

The birthright I refer to is the national insurance I have been paying into all my working life that entitles me to a pension, my concern is that to balance the books and pay for all this resettlement that you so vigorously condone retiring age will be moved to age 70. But then the chances are, this will affect you more than me.

As for immigrants, I have befriended, employed and trusted them in the past and have been both taken advantage of and betrayed. So I speak as I find.

As for ex-pats, an easy target for our resident Paisley wanabee, although I must admit when abroad I avoid them like the plague, mainly as their only topic of conversation is “how we just got out in timeâ€

Levers it doesn’t matter how laud you can shout, when you are wrong you are wrong.
I don’t blame you for your views I can see that they are formed by your incasoration in a secure environment for a long period of time.
Its just that for someone who has probably travelled the world, er, you don`t seem to be very worldly.

…………

Levers wrote,
Quote:

What 'birthright' is that, then UA? Some imagined, chestbeating, Union Flagged image of 'being British'? Blimey. You'd never think we were a nation of Irish/Scottish/Welsh/French/Dutch/German/Scandanavian (... goes on for many pages) extraction, would you? Which cuckoos from the past displease you then? Or is everyone's blood pure since WW2? In your tiny mind, the only person worthy of this nation is you ... and a few of whom you choose, isn't it UA? Everyone else ... 'liberals', 'darkies' and them ******* eastern Europeans (' ... oo've come ovah 'ere to nick our fakkin jobs, innit?') they can all just **** off, eh? Enoch was completely right (because you imagined he said something about this country exploding in a tide of racial violence (which it has done for hundreds of years, anyway)) and gawd rest his soul. ******* 'birthright'? You're ******* welcome to it. I'm wholly British, with Irish extraction. I am every bit proud of my country, but people like you make me ******* weep.

And you are doing what exactly, to put all of these perceived wrongs right?
That is apart from making inflamatory statements, that are very similar to the statement that started this thread.
I am well aware of my own mixed ancestry, but very proud to be English first and British second. I will say this though, all of my ancestors came here to be British, adopt the British way of life, learnt the language. paid their taxes, served in the armed forces. Those that had a different religion, quietly carried on with it, with out making demands that the already settled, indiginous population change their laws and ways to match theirs!They blended in and became accepted.
Thats all that we want. In some area's of this Country we are strangers, never hearing our native tongue. I am happy for people to come here if they want to better themselves, but they have to make the effort too.
RoofRat (R)

UncleAlbert said:
Geoffrey
I`m not retired and I would hardly call Coventry a thousand miles away also I have a few years yet before I retire. At age 65

However the policies you gleefully condone will probably lead to you retiring at age 70.

Kisses

Albert.

…………

You're ONLY 65 UA?????? I thought you were at least 20 years older than Hig!

I'm staying out of this. Suffice to say that I'm on the side of the moderates. However I also believe that one should have the liberty to speak ones mind. It is just as legitimate for Levers to articulate his opinions as he chooses as it is for anyone else here to do same.

Out!

frogman said:
I'm a God fearing white hetrosexual male. I'm English, married, own my own home, and together with my wife have brought up and educated two children, who have now made their own way in the world.

At age 64 I'm still working, and have never been unemployed. I served my country in the Royal Navy, and my community as a Police Officer.

I want my country cleared of the majority of immigrants who have arrived here in the last 30 years, and for a period of five years all immigration to the UK must cease. I want the restoration of capital punishment, and I want truly draconian punishment for offenders.

Recalicitrant yobs who fail to comply with common decency must be sent to work camps. Prison regimes must be harsh, and offenders must come to fear prison. No visits must be allowed to prisoners. The minimum sentence for burglary must be five years.

The work shy must be made to work, if necessary on community projects. No benefits to be paid. I want the aged and the disabled to receive proper care. Our Armed Forces must be withdrawn from current foreign operations, and we must fully withdraw from the EU.

All IRA terrorists who escaped punishment as a result of Bliars activities must be summarily executed.

The whole country must be the subject of order and discipline. Sexual deviants must not be publicly tolerated.

Hand up those who think I'm a Nazi!

Got my vote mate , country has gone down the tubes ,

I've only been away frommy computer for 36 hours but thesh@t certainly seems to have hit the fan.
OK Ling stop winding levers up, he's just too easy. With a bit of luck the house next door to himwilll be bought by a nice muslim family who call for prayers at 0500every morning,the rest of the street could be turned into a migrant friendly zone with them washing cars and dealing hash. Throw in a few yobs on community service to dig his garden and while they are at it they may as wel help themselves to his laptop and anything else portable and easilly sold.
Just a dream and won't happen unfortunately. Pity tafter a few weeks he might come to realise why so many of us detest thieving scrounging scumbags (of any colour or religion).

Latest Threads