Navy's next helicopter completes trials on HMS Iron Duke

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by MoD_RSS, Feb 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Didn't notice any winch!!!!!
  3. Scouse, your age is showing through!!!:toothy3:

The winch is housed inside the Stbd sliding cabin door. It is rotated out of the door and then raised up via a rotating wheel. It has the look of a Wx hoist when it is in position.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. my bad!!!! Didn't know there was such a thing as an all singing dancing rotating winch. ps hope it still has Collindo cable lol
  5. Yes Scouse, 61 strands of Collindo cable!!! You have to remember the winch/hoist was made to operated by orficers so inevitably it incurred an amount of added technical stuff even to the winch mount cos they got GCSE things and us ratings didn't. (sic)
  6. Congrats to the whole team in completing those 20 days. Keep flying Navy.:eek:
  7. Nice kinder-egg toy, now show us a real helicopter :)
  8. Why do these publicity shots always have to have s Sting Ray on the side rather than a Skua....
  9. lol now I am showing my age!!!! Thought they were 2 Mk 44 Torpedos
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Done many operational flights yet, pillow biter? Anyway, just for you:

11. Don't worry not everyone can pass for AET.. doesn't mean you're thick. No need to be so jealous pal.
  12. It can't be that hard if pissy panted red arse shitspitters can manage it.

A ******* monkey can maintain aircraft, just look at 814.
    • Like Like x 3

13. Ha ha ha, you are Scouse me old mate!!!! However they do the same thing. Sink sludge-machines!!! Stingray is a Mk44 with brains. If it thinks the Obs has fugged up the settings and finds a target it will over ride and seek and destroy!!!!!! Did the trials with it at AUTEC!!!!
    • Like Like x 1

14. Just like Prince Andrews!!!!!!
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Err...This brand new shiny wildcat thingy looks remarkably similar to a lynx....
  16. It is but middle aged, put a bit of weight on.
  17. like that coupling to the tail rotar, looks safe to me!!!! Not like the real ones:sleepy2:
  18. Hope their Stingray acquisition doesnt sink to the bottom, like our acquisition mark 44 when the Pilot fugged up and it didn't shed it's lead shot load. The fisheads in the sea boat, spent a few hours out but to no avail
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  19. Because you're an airborne weapon carrier and get detailed off by my PO(UW)s? :-D