"Navy's Gay-Friendly Efforts Make It One Of Britain's Top 100 Employers"

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
One thing just struck me, but surely if they're keeping their hair that short, shouldn't their sideburns be meeting regs by being the same width? Surely as a regulator (sorry, RN Police) this should actually be know and applied?
The future, get with it bawbag!

jesse

War Hero
I wanna know why if you don't like the idea of homosexuality you are usually attacked as a bigot?
It doesn't usually happen when you state you don't like ice cream, but the opinion of certain subjects is expected to be uniform, even if the "silent" majority remain anti. And before I get told that the "majority" are "pro" any particular subject I would ask "How the **** do you know, short of a referendum", its no more certain than suggesting that people are "anti".
In the past I have often thought that a number of people just go with the "popular" flow or at least as they perceive it to be.
Personally I respond to bribery.
A real double dyed bigot will always finish with;- "I'm sure that all right thinking hard working family people will agree with me.":laughing2:

hackle

Lantern Swinger
I wanna know why if you don't like the idea of homosexuality you are usually attacked as a bigot?
It doesn't usually happen when you state you don't like ice cream, but the opinion of certain subjects is expected to be uniform, even if the "silent" majority remain anti. And before I get told that the "majority" are "pro" any particular subject I would ask "How the **** do you know, short of a referendum", its no more certain than suggesting that people are "anti".
In the past I have often thought that a number of people just go with the "popular" flow or at least as they perceive it to be.
Personally I respond to bribery.
That's a serious question. I would say that no-one is required to "like" homosexuality. What is required is not to discriminate against one's fellow citizens on the grounds of their sexual orientation, and to treat shipmates as professionals regardless of irrelevant characteristics, such as their sexual orientation.

Working with other people and getting along with them is not the same as liking or not liking ice cream.

I agree that there is irritation about the priority and publicity being given to such issues in the armed forces at the moment. Hopefully its a transitional thing.

Rumrat

War Hero
That's a serious question. I would say that no-one is required to "like" homosexuality. What is required is not to discriminate against one's fellow citizens on the grounds of their sexual orientation, and to treat shipmates as professionals regardless of irrelevant characteristics, such as their sexual orientation.

Working with other people and getting along with them is not the same as liking or not liking ice cream.

I agree that there is irritation about the priority and publicity being given to such issues in the armed forces at the moment. Hopefully its a transitional thing.
I respect your response and the reasoning you have given. I was not implying my intolerance to homosexuality, I have a couple of oppo's that are as bent as 9 bob notes. It just meant more fanny around for me when we were ashore, the less competition the better I recon.
I do not agree that labels like bigot should be shoved on people just because they do not agree with anothers points of view over the likes of religion, race, or even life styles. Live and let live by all means, a trap one idea, but it must be a two way street, as I have met intolerance both sides of some divides.
From my own life and times I give you Northern Ireland.
The uninformed throwing the bigot word around, when everyone who served there knew that the reasons the trouble was prolonged was less to do with bigotry and more to do with money. My point is preconceived ideas without fact may be bigotry, but when a body has experience of the subject at hand and still does not warm to the mainstream idea of how they are expected to be then fair do's.
Then when they express their ideas, fears or point of view in an "intelligent debate" the "bigot" card is usually thrown at them.
There's many a member on RR will make comments regularly about "white" nationalities, but throw the toys out if a comment is made about an ethnic group they feel they should champion.
The Israelis are slagged quiet routinely in certain forums on here, without comment from most unless derogatory, but when other creeds, colours, or nationalities surface, its no, no, no, no, no.
Your either tolerant or not, if your tolerance only goes one way its a point of view, which like ********* everyone has.
And yes if they just throw insults to envoke hatred then that to me would be bigotry, even wrapped in their supposed"humour".
So thats that, now lets see what you white bastards think.

G

guestm

I respect your response and the reasoning you have given. I was not implying my intolerance to homosexuality, I have a couple of oppo's that are as bent as 9 bob notes. It just meant more fanny around for me when we were ashore, the less competition the better I recon.
I do not agree that labels like bigot should be shoved on people just because they do not agree with anothers points of view over the likes of religion, race, or even life styles. Live and let live by all means, a trap one idea, but it must be a two way street, as I have met intolerance both sides of some divides.
From my own life and times I give you Northern Ireland.
The uninformed throwing the bigot word around, when everyone who served there knew that the reasons the trouble was prolonged was less to do with bigotry and more to do with money. My point is preconceived ideas without fact may be bigotry, but when a body has experience of the subject at hand and still does not warm to the mainstream idea of how they are expected to be then fair do's.
Then when they express their ideas, fears or point of view in an "intelligent debate" the "bigot" card is usually thrown at them.
There's many a member on RR will make comments regularly about "white" nationalities, but throw the toys out if a comment is made about an ethnic group they feel they should champion.
The Israelis are slagged quiet routinely in certain forums on here, without comment from most unless derogatory, but when other creeds, colours, or nationalities surface, its no, no, no, no, no.
Your either tolerant or not, if your tolerance only goes one way its a point of view, which like ********* everyone has.
And yes if they just throw insults to envoke hatred then that to me would be bigotry, even wrapped in their supposed"humour".
So thats that, now lets see what you white bastards think.

There is a marked difference between someone saying "Personally I don't like homosexuality, it just doesn't seem right to me" and "******* filthy homo bastards should all be shot".

There is nothing wrong with expressing your distaste for anything, the problem arises when that distaste manifests itself into hate, then it becomes dangerous and to people it is aimed at, frightening and spiteful.

Rumrat

War Hero
There is a marked difference between someone saying "Personally I don't like homosexuality, it just doesn't seem right to me" and "******* filthy homo bastards should all be shot".

There is nothing wrong with expressing your distaste for anything, the problem arises when that distaste manifests itself into hate, then it becomes dangerous and to people it is aimed at, frightening and spiteful.
I fully concur and believe that is what I wrote or intended to.
So don't spit at me, as I being a bigot, will send you hate mail you filthy gollywog bastard.
And you still have a very small cock.:winkrazz:

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So if you're a gay, disabled, black, single parent Muslim, are you entitled to rapid promotion?

broadside

War Hero
So if you're a gay, disabled, black, single parent Muslim, are you entitled to rapid promotion?
That will all depend on the nature of the disability. If you have tourette syndrome then I think you can pretty much book your ticket! I can't see the Monastery of Indifference having much stomach for a fight against discrimination with all those aces stacked against them.

Last edited:

Latest Threads