"Navy's Gay-Friendly Efforts Make It One Of Britain's Top 100 Employers"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Jan 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As far as being gay each to their own, gay people are equal to everyone else so i dont understand why some employers arent gay friendly?.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It used to be said that in polite company one should never discuss Money, Politics, or Religion. Sexuality should imho be an addition to that list.

3. What is so special about pushing shit uphill ?

4. That you can claim travel expenses to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wal

wal Badgeman

Is it compulsory,in the Navy yet|?

6. Nope, nor is it encouraged!

7. Gimme a kiss and I'll tell you.

8. tam

tam

Shame, I used to enjoy clearing lower deck to watch the spectacle of a gross indecency warrant reading.

9. And speaking personally, I'm not sure I share the Commodore's "delight"

10. Funny that none of you have noticed the Crabs beat us, getting placed at 56th as opposed to the RN's lowly 77th!

11. Looking at that poster boy is really putting me off my pizza...

12. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

No, but that joke is now compulsory whenever the subject of gays in the armed forces is under discussion.

• Like Like x 3
  13. In the phot of Theresa May meeting the peeps, the PO Wren (yes, I know they're not Wrens anymore) appears to have a shoulder flash with RN Police on it. I've not seen that on any crushers rigs as they have the crown on their arm, anybody shed any light on this?

14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

There's a whole thread on it somewhere......quite amusing.

Fcuked if I can find it though.

15. I wanna know why if you don't like the idea of homosexuality you are usually attacked as a bigot?
    It doesn't usually happen when you state you don't like ice cream, but the opinion of certain subjects is expected to be uniform, even if the "silent" majority remain anti. And before I get told that the "majority" are "pro" any particular subject I would ask "How the **** do you know, short of a referendum", its no more certain than suggesting that people are "anti".
    In the past I have often thought that a number of people just go with the "popular" flow or at least as they perceive it to be.
    Personally I respond to bribery.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gay or not, they still can't bloody march in time!

(Insert some sort of Pseudo-pychoanaltyical crap about not being in step with society here)

17. I know they wear them on their epaulettes, I've just never seen a flash sewn onto No 1's before. I remember that thread, kept me amused for hours with the reggies friend defending someone in the picture.

18. That's because your an efnik