Navy WIO vs RAF IO

Igorbmot

There seems to be a major difference between RN and RAF on IO training. Chicksands training is 68 weeks for former but just 22 weeks for latter. Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks

huwshpis

War Hero
This was in no way helpful.
What did you expect from an UNofficial Navy-related website? Those of us who might know anything about the current position (precious few as most of us have been outside for years) wouldn't be able to tell you, anyway - Official Secrets Acts.

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
There seems to be a major difference between RN and RAF on IO training. Chicksands training is 68 weeks for former but just 22 weeks for latter. Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks
Here's some insight: commonsense, rather than intelligence or relying on seeking accurate information from an anonymous unofficial forum, suggests that the answer may be as simple as completely different syllabuses and/or different lengths of initial officer training.

That said, I also suggest that you contact the telephone number provided at https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...es/surface-fleet/warfare-intelligence-officer and then see if you can track down the Royal Air Force equivalent. Then "compare and contrast" and, lo and behold, the "major difference" will become apparent.

I know which I would choose in a heartbeat - the clue is dark blue....

Jack

Waspie

War Hero
Here's some insight: commonsense, rather than intelligence or relying on seeking accurate information from an anonymous unofficial forum, suggests that the answer may be as simple as completely different syllabuses and/or different lengths of initial officer training.

That said, I also suggest that you contact the telephone number provided at https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/career...es/surface-fleet/warfare-intelligence-officer and then see if you can track down the Royal Air Force equivalent. Then "compare and contrast" and, lo and behold, the "major difference" will become apparent.

I know which I would choose in a heartbeat - the clue is dark blue....

Jack
What!!!
And do something for himself.
Not altogether an inspiration for a prospective leader of men!!!!