Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

navy watches; rolex

judgejudy

Midshipman
is it true that certain branches of the navy are issued watches (divers etc) ?? if so does this still happen, what models are they and do they remain navy property or what?

judgejudy said:
is it true that certain branches of the navy are issued watches (divers etc) ?? if so does this still happen, what models are they and do they remain navy property or what?
aircrewmen were issued with Pulsar watches/ you have to hand all your kit in when you leave as in 74 :thumright:

We have special watches issued to the Regulating Branch - always set 5 minutes fast, which we use to catch absentees as they come across the Gangway. They think it's 0744, but... 8O :wink:

Bergen said:
http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=3943023&iSaleNo=16225

I bought one just like that in Bangkok a few years ago, cost me £5.00 so I reckon I really saw the bloke who sold it to me off :thumright:

Bergen said:
http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=3943023&iSaleNo=16225
I've seen and heard one or two of those in my time :thumright: is that one of the first log books

So the seller was ex - Superintendent of the Uncle John [which I saw in dry-dock is Galveston a couple of weeks ago] and he also dived in DPC Fateh Field ........ narrows the list of suspects down a little :thumright:

Even so 86,000 for a gas Rolex is a bit steep... LOL

RM

Bergen said:
So the seller was ex - Superintendent of the Uncle John [which I saw in dry-dock is Galveston a couple of weeks ago] and he also dived in DPC Fateh Field ........ narrows the list of suspects down a little :thumright:

RM
Did he like his Brandy or was it Uncle Ted.Not the German I hope : :whew: :Mr Stone may be.
A comex Rolex c.w. helium valve sold in 2006 for £21,000 :thumright:

w.anchor said:
Bergen said:

RM
Did he like his Brandy or was it Uncle Ted.Not the German I hope : :whew: :Mr Stone may be.

Not Edward, not the little Nazi - deffo not Stoney, my bet would be someone whose name rhymes with beagle :thumright:

RM

Bergen said:
w.anchor said:
Bergen said:

RM

Not Edward, not the little Nazi - deffo not Stoney, my bet would be someone whose name rhymes with beagle :thumright:

RM
Would I be right in thinking two large birds of pray .I hope thats right me memories knackered. :thanks:

Latest Threads