Navy Told To Stop Whining And Get Tough

Discussion in 'International' started by RumCorps, Sep 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As is right and proper. They need to demonstrate some stiff upper lip as we in the RN do... *cough*

2. i think my chances of going at the end of my 22 just took a turn upwards.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Serves 'em right, whinging Aussies. You never hear anyone moaning in OUR messdecks. Erm, sometimes.

Commodore Marshall said: "Together we must all work to lead ourselves out of the situation we currently find ourselves in,"

Absolutely- lead by example lofty.

One would assume the guy issuing the reprimand won't be taking any wages increase himself for a few years and will instead live in austere accommodation likewise, eh?

4. People pay ridiculous prices to be lashed in clubs in London and various lay-bys scattered around the county.
    At least the RN could be ahead of the game!

5. What a fool, this man is, doesn't he know that jacks not happy unless he's dripping.

Blobby, who's at mines this W/E says....And there's me thinking that story was about Aussies whinging about the Kangaroo escaping from the barrell!!!!

6. Of course, what he said is very true. It seems unfortunate, though, that he didn't say it very well. It's a double home goal now it's been made public.

7. This is the result when the navy is corporatised, its people become employees not sailors, it is run by managers not leaders and the traditional hairy arsed matelot has been PC'ed out of existance.

Whinging has alwayds been a sailors privelige, but they had pride in their profession and their ship and the job always got done. Now the warm and fuzzy policies of the bed wetting public servants and politicians have produced 'employees' who see the navy as just another job and have no hesitation about leaving for greener pastures.

Well done *********. You have reaped what you have sown. :thumbdown:

8. Having been working in Portsmouth Naval Base for the last three years, I often think that where the Navy was a way of life, its now become just a job. Well illustrated in another thread where someone in the RNR is going on about 'holidays'. I thought it was 'leave' which was a privilege and could be withdrawn?

9. Doesnt that remark really demonstrate the difference between the full time professional Royal Navy and the RNR, rather than the difference between the RN and civvy life???

10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Jack77,
    Spot on mate!