Navy to SBS?

Can you believe this Walt? Big timing in front of Cadets, then runs away!

Some recent intel on Barlow FYI.
I spoke to an RMC instructor from Burnley the other night who tells me the following.
Saturday 11/11 Barlow turned up in Burnley town centre for the parade and was confronted by an ex bootneck,he sounds like he's one of your biker oppos who gave Barlow some grief.
Barlow took sanctuary amongst the cadet contingent,the ex bootneck was spoken to by cadet staff and he agreed not to give Barlow anymore grief in front of cadets.(respect).

The CO was dripping a bit as he thinks Barlow is legit and won't hear anything bad against him,
He's been had over big time.
The CO is apparently supporting Barlow and feels he has been mistreated and harassed by some former RM,s who are now in the cadets haha.

Barlow is apparently now going to get an ex bootneck he served with to vouch for him.(I can't wait for that to happen) another Walt maybe ?

He's also going to sue everyone who has disrespected him and get the police involved(heard that somewhere before as well)

This has got to top it all though =

Barlow has been spinning dits with cadets about the falklands,he's been telling staff and cadets about his daring doos when he produces a copy of the surrender document.he tells all that he was there onboard the ship in the wardrobe when the docs were signed as he was an SBS Sgt and was there as protection team.
The document was signed and the carbon paper was thrown away in the bin so he thinks !!! I'll get that out when everyone has gone.
Everyone leaves and he grabs the copy and keeps it only to produce it on special occasions.
The guy is an utter Walt legend.
He then produced the document,fortunately the RMC staff took a phot of it,

The staff member is happy to share the dit with me but has asked not to make the conversation he was party too about the reference from the so called ex bootneck away from public as he didn't want to get any grief from the CO,plus he's quite happy to keep feeding me with Barlow nonsense when he hears about it.

It's like a comic book reading this guy's stuff! As has been proved, the RM number that he reckons he had, taken from an RM recruit who discharged unsuitable around 1981?, would have put him as passing out at CTC around the start of 1982.

The SAMA roll, which has been produced by his bellend oppo as proof of his service down south, which has been proved as being altered shows him as a Marine in the SBS, (totally false), and he now claims that he was a Sgt SBS and was present at the signing of the surrender!

That really is taking bullshit to a new level! From recruit to a SBS Sgt in around 12 months! Oh and that surrender document, signed by General J J Moore has more copies floating around than an old copy of Fiesta!

So Mr Barlow, I see you're still looking in on this forum, (last seen at around 21.30 hrs last night.) What have you got to say? Time to fess up to everybody you tosser!

Once you have lived a false personality long enough, it becomes realty, in the end they have no idea who they really are, like SF going under cover for too long they start to go native, but in this mans case, with all the evidence collated, he is just a sad Walt with no life. Or a complete wack job that needs help or could he be an SBS general on special undercover ops:rolleyes: up North. If his task is to infiltrate the RBL and other ex-service type organisations he has done a good job, but surely he should keep stum about his special ops?

Last edited:

Rover

Lantern Swinger
Perhaps he would care to contact any former member of the SBS he claims to have served with to vouch for him?o_O

Then again nobody in SB knows him.:rolleyes:
In fact no mention of anyone by the name of Paul Barlow having served with the SBS going back to when the SBS first formed!:):)

Perhaps he would care to contact any former member of the SBS he claims to have served with to vouch for him?o_O

Then again nobody in SB knows him.:rolleyes:
In fact no mention of anyone by the name of Paul Barlow having served with the SBS going back to when the SBS first formed!:):)
May be he used a different name for security reasons that he cannot speak about? Cus it never happened

I thought I might give him a hand:

To: 'Jane Adams'
Subject: ALMEM P Barlow D142526J or Mne P Barlow P042526J

Jane,

I’m sure I’ve asked about this bloke before but can you just check for me:

ALMEM P Barlow D142526J or Mne P Barlow P042526J but same dob 11/12/1956

Thanks again

Yours Aye,

Got this back!
Sent: 27 November 2017 10:08
To: NAVY PERS
Subject: RE: ALMEM P Barlow D142526J or Mne P Barlow P042526J

Hi Taff

I have checked the Navy and Marines books and we do not have a P Barlow listed - our records are not 100% proof as you know but most errors have been with the Army lists. We do not hold date of births for the Navy lists. I have also checked the number in case it comes up with a different name as some veterans have changed their names over the years.

Regards

Jane

Straight from the horses mouth, check mate, Barlow now show your hand!

Some clarification as regards trying for SBS Selection and perhaps dispel some myths and incorrect information.

Prior to becoming tri-service you could only be a Royal Marine should you wish to try for the SBS.

This means that you had to leave whichever service you were in and join the Royal Marines, the criteria then being two years service and being recommended by your CO before you even got as far as pre-selection.

Joining the SBS direct from the RN never happened.

With the advent of tri-service selection for UKSF a different criteria came into place.

Anyone from the RN first had to pass the All Arms Commando Course (AACC) prior to going any further for SBS selection. Then you had to be accepted for the Briefing Course at Poole. This lasting basically four days, some people failing before midday of the first day. Should the DS feel that you have the potential you will be loaded onto the next selection course. Being a volunteer you can come off at anytime or failed by the DS at anytime. Some have been known to have completed the course and still failed.

Should a RN Officer attempt SB selection it will be as an Officer, having passed the AACC and the Briefing Course. Should he pass selection he will serve as an Officer not as a ‘Marine’.

The last RN Officer got as far as the ‘Officers Week’ before failing. Green skills are not just being able to yomp over the hills.

RN Engineers can be attached to the SBS but that is not the same as doing selection or the AACC.

RN Medics tend to do the AACC but not selection when attached to the SBS.

SBS(R) is open only to former Royal Marines.

SAS(R) is open to those who have never served. Direct entry from civvie street. Big difference.
If deemed suitable, applicants will be sent joining instructions for a five-day SBS Briefing Course. The course is designed to assess whether you have the aptitude, physical ability and stamina to pass UKSF Selection.

Summary:

• Must be a serving member of UK Reserve Forces
  • Nationwide recruitment
  • High physical fitness entry standards
  • A high degree of commitment required
  • Opportunity to serve overseas alongside regular counterparts
http://www.army.mod.uk/specialforces/30604.aspx

If deemed suitable, applicants will be sent joining instructions for a five-day SBS Briefing Course. The course is designed to assess whether you have the aptitude, physical ability and stamina to pass UKSF Selection.

Summary:

• Must be a serving member of UK Reserve Forces
  • Nationwide recruitment
  • High physical fitness entry standards
  • A high degree of commitment required
  • Opportunity to serve overseas alongside regular counterparts
http://www.army.mod.uk/specialforces/30604.aspx
That's me of the hook, not a reservist, not Highly physically fit, and my passport ran out so no over seas stuff, wow that's a relief.
But can I have a medal for thinking about it, if only for a fleeting second?

Rover

Lantern Swinger
“If deemed suitable, Must be a serving member of UK Reserve Forces.”

SBS(R) is open only to former Royal Marines.:cool:

I would point out that those having served in the Royal Marines in a regular capacity prior to joining the RMR are those ‘deemed suitable’.

Re medals.

I have known one member of the SBS who never had a campaign medal.:confused:

His explanation being that he was never in the mood to stay in a declared war zone for thirty days.:);)

I have known one member of the SBS who never had a campaign medal.:confused:

His explanation being that he was never in the mood to stay in a declared war zone for thirty days.:);)
Or could not request one as he was not allowed to say where he had been, as he was never there:rolleyes::)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jimmy_Green Nautical Jokes 8
U The Corps 58
Bad CO Site Issues 14