Navy to raf apprenticeship

Jiflem

I’ve currently got my date for HMS Raleigh and start in October to join as an AET, situations have changed at home and the AET position at the RAF is more convenient as to where training will be located can I transfer over, before I’ve started at Raleigh and will I need to do the whole joining process over again.

soleil

War Hero
You would need to apply to the RAF as a separate application.

What has changed at home which has led you to consider this?

Jiflem

Girlfriend has fallen pregnant (stupid I know) but it would be easier to travel back home to support if i was in the RAF but if the application process will start from scratch I’ll just make do with it as best I can, thanks for the reply mate

crash_evans

War Hero
Girlfriend has fallen pregnant (stupid I know) but it would be easier to travel back home to support if i was in the RAF but if the application process will start from scratch I’ll just make do with it as best I can, thanks for the reply mate
Have you spoken to your AFCO regarding your change in circumstances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jiflem

No not yet I thought I’d see the options before speaking to my AFCO but I’ll give him a phone anyway to let him know a don’t really want to do anything that makes it look like I’m having second thoughts when I’m not

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I’ve currently got my date for HMS Raleigh and start in October to join as an AET, situations have changed at home and the AET position at the RAF is more convenient as to where training will be located can I transfer over, before I’ve started at Raleigh and will I need to do the whole joining process over again.
How can this not be having second thoughts. If you are not fully committed to joining the RN at this time it may be better to see how things work out with the home life rather than wasting your and other peoples time.

crash_evans

War Hero
No not yet I thought I’d see the options before speaking to my AFCO but I’ll give him a phone anyway to let him know a don’t really want to do anything that makes it look like I’m having second thoughts when I’m not
Completely understandable. You might, however, be viewed as a settling risk. Talk through your options, as the due dates might clash with your future training. Off the top of my head I’m not sure how long WAFU training is? I’m sure [mention]soleil [/mention] will know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Navy or RAF Nursing? Joining the Royal Navy 7
0 Joining the Navy as AET compared to RAF aircraft technician Joining the Royal Navy 26
J Applying for pilot roles in Navy and RAF simultaneously Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 48
soleil Portsmouth News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: Royal Navy, RAF & Army Form Up For Stunning Remembrance Day Tribute On Deck" The Fleet 3
W Intrigued - average navy wage vs RAF wage? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
soleil Mirror: "How The RAF Grew In 100 Years From One Navy Officer With A Pilot Licence To Today's Elite Fighting Force" History 1
Wazza082 RT - Navy & RAF Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M AET - Difference in RAF / Navy waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
RAFEddie Transferring from the RAF to Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A Navy vs RAF vs Army pilots? The Fleet Air Arm 13
soleil Campaign: "Engine Wins Joint RAF And Navy Pitch" Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS News story: RAF and Navy helicopters assist weather-stricken communities MoD News 7
Waspie Navy 1 - RAF 0 The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Herald: "Couple Quit The RAF And Get New Jobs In The Navy" Bases / Shore Est 11
soleil Royal Navy Sea Kings Arrive At RAF Northolt For Olympic Airspace Security The Fleet Air Arm 4
MoD_RSS Data reveals Navy's and RAF's busiest Search and Rescue units Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS RAF and Royal Navy continue action against Gaddafi forces Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy take further action against pro-Gaddafi forces Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy take further action against pro-Gaddafi forces Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy and RAF Search and Rescue teams in action Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy in further action over Libya Current Affairs 0
soleil Mail: "RAF And Royal Navy Pilots In The Cockpit On Your British Airways Holiday Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy continue to strike at Gaddafi regime Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy strike targets in Tripoli Current Affairs 0
soleil Guardian: "Royal Navy Airpower Offers A Far Cheaper Option Overseas Than The RAF" Current Affairs 5
MoD_RSS RAF and Navy patrol Libyan skies and seas Current Affairs 0
soleil T'graph: "British Armed Forces: Army, Navy And RAF In Stats" Current Affairs 31
soleil T'graph: RAF Can Be Trimmed, But Cuts To Navy & Army Insane Current Affairs 7
soleil Pompey News: Rugby Union: Navy to take on RAF in Portsmouth Sports and Adventure Training 0
soleil S. Times: "Cutbacks for both the Royal Navy and the RAF" Current Affairs 11
scotsparamedic Paramedic already in RAF Reserves transfer possible to Navy? The Quarterdeck 8
P Transferring from the RAF to the Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
soleil Dorset Echo: "‘Does Anyone Know My Old Navy Friend?" The Quarterdeck 4
T Navy Entry Date Marine Engineer Joining the Royal Navy 4
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
T Fitness Test Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 15
T Commissioning from army to navy (hopefully) UPO/Careers Office 21
D Navy CBAT/FATs Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
soleil FB: Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity - Black Tot Day - 50th Anniversary History 11
soleil FB: Navy Wings - Aircrew Logbooks The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Glen Mallan jetty refurbishment to support Royal Navy’s surface fleets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stena Superfast VII and Royal Navy submarine report published MoD News 0
soleil Royal Navy International Air Day - Online - Saturday, July 11th 2020 The Fleet Air Arm 2
N Royal Navy Drugs Policy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
T What is the contract of service for the royal navy rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
higthepig Navy news June 2020 The Quarterdeck 3
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
C RFA or Royal Navy? Older applicant Joining the Royal Navy 33