Navy to raf apprenticeship

Jiflem

I’ve currently got my date for HMS Raleigh and start in October to join as an AET, situations have changed at home and the AET position at the RAF is more convenient as to where training will be located can I transfer over, before I’ve started at Raleigh and will I need to do the whole joining process over again.

soleil

War Hero
You would need to apply to the RAF as a separate application.

What has changed at home which has led you to consider this?

Jiflem

Girlfriend has fallen pregnant (stupid I know) but it would be easier to travel back home to support if i was in the RAF but if the application process will start from scratch I’ll just make do with it as best I can, thanks for the reply mate

crash_evans

War Hero
Girlfriend has fallen pregnant (stupid I know) but it would be easier to travel back home to support if i was in the RAF but if the application process will start from scratch I’ll just make do with it as best I can, thanks for the reply mate

Have you spoken to your AFCO regarding your change in circumstances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jiflem

No not yet I thought I’d see the options before speaking to my AFCO but I’ll give him a phone anyway to let him know a don’t really want to do anything that makes it look like I’m having second thoughts when I’m not

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I’ve currently got my date for HMS Raleigh and start in October to join as an AET, situations have changed at home and the AET position at the RAF is more convenient as to where training will be located can I transfer over, before I’ve started at Raleigh and will I need to do the whole joining process over again.

How can this not be having second thoughts. If you are not fully committed to joining the RN at this time it may be better to see how things work out with the home life rather than wasting your and other peoples time.

crash_evans

War Hero
No not yet I thought I’d see the options before speaking to my AFCO but I’ll give him a phone anyway to let him know a don’t really want to do anything that makes it look like I’m having second thoughts when I’m not

Completely understandable. You might, however, be viewed as a settling risk. Talk through your options, as the due dates might clash with your future training. Off the top of my head I’m not sure how long WAFU training is? I’m sure [mention]soleil [/mention] will know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk