Navy to accelerate recruitment

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wet_blobby, Apr 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just been having a lazy sunday surfing the net and one story stuck out. It seems the politicians have finally come to there senses and due to the imminent arrival of the Carriers, the ordering of 8 more type 45 frigates and an increased global commitment by the FAA due to winding down of the RAF, Naval recruitment is to be ramped up with an expected 2 - 3k more recruits needed every year for the next 5 years.

Could Raleigh cope with this increase?

BBC - Newsbeat - Forces need more Naval recruits says senior officer

2. Soz Blobs this must be the ultimate April the First. The article is about diversity and the interviews with young Muslims and why they not want to kill their own. I don't suppose that the Sunni vs Shiite Muslims killing each other matters. I'd rather run with Sarkosy for no10 story he's got more balls than Cameroon

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Linky not working?

April 2nd down here mate.

4. My apologies if the links is the wrong one but it definitely shows the Diversity interview.
    will scour the net to see if I can get appropriate link

5. I don't know which is funnier; Trelawney apologising for Blobby's links links or believing it's the 2nd in Blobby's land =)

6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It would be a nice thing. Those involved in the manufacture of irons, ironing boards and penknives will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of the profits to be made. I hear they are bringing back cutlass drills as most of the deployments will be off the coast of Africa chasing down Somali pirates. Happy days.

7. And bags to hold them in! And dont forget iPod insurance to.

8. Health and safety states only plastic cutlass's to be issued. :whdat:

9. Can't see an increase of that magnitude in the current climate...

10. genius-meme.jpg