Navy Tattoos

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by marmalizer, Aug 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks...

I'm currently part way through the entry process for the Navy, & although I'm being a little premature here, I'm way excited!! I've wanted to join for the last 10 years & certain things have stopped me... but now I've waited long enough & I'm hoping to be a marine engineering tech eventually.

So, assuming I get in, pass basic, & pass out, I'm going to get a tattoo to commemorate the event, & I was wondering if anyone has any good pictures or links of naval themed tattoos? I've had a look on Google, but they're all rubbish!

I know the favoured response is usually sarcasm on this forum, but please try not to rip me too much on this one if you can help it guys! :roll: :bow:

2. Get 2 stokers badges tattoo'd on yer ass, one on each cheek

3. ...nice! 8)

4. HA!!! that's funny! :)

5. Or even better - a "W" on each cheek.
    WoW!

2BM

6. Something on this thread has to be.

Edit: from OP.

7. i thought that was the usual initiation for stokers anyway :lol:

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Indeed the "Holy Prop" may only be 'affixed' after completion of phase two training, for 'tis written...

9. Put mild and bitter under your nipples Eddie The Rat had those. I have Ludo on me thingy. When I gets excited it reads LLandudno :D

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Some of the best I've seen are:

"Blood group 100% proof" (it's a marine thing)

And snoopy holding a match peering up your ********, mind you the full hunting scene with redcoated riders and horses with the fox's tail disappearing up your arse is quite impressive.

11. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

There are a series of pictures on t'interweb of a roughy toughy matelot who not only has pierced nipples but has a big fcuk off goldfish tat. It made his eyes water, he was in tears during the procedure ( five and a half hours). Don't copy him, he's a c0ck.

12. I know someone with their passing out date tattooed on themselves, I rip them for it regularly.

13. When still paid in cash it was ''Pay please'' on the side of small finger right hand that could be seen when saluting and ''cheers cnut'' on the palm of left hand outstretched for the beer tokens. :)

14. Surely it has to incorporate an anchor? Why not combine it with something else you have a strong interest in? You'll probably get a bit of a ribbing for being stereotyped, but it's your body.

16. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Believe me you don't become 'Jack' by having a tattoo. It takes years of practice. You get there when one day you don't give a toss about it any more. It's called growing up.

17. erm yeh ok granny. thanks for that. getting a naval tattoo, or indeed joining the navy, is not about 'becoming "Jack"' for me... so if that's the impression you got then you're a bit of a misguided wanchor!

thanks everyone else for the suggestions... i'll bear them in mind :lol:

18. Get an eyeball tattood on your big toe...Ringbolt lookout

19. [​IMG]

Me and a pongo mate of mine got pissed and that waas the out come. He got a Kings own royal border regiment tattoo as well. But the regiment had been amalgimated a good 12 - 18 months prior. It was an ex para who did it as well. So im quite impressed its not totally stupid. It was cold when that phot was taken there goosbumps its not normally that 'dotty'.