Navy/Submarine Pipes - Audio Files

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a web site that has Royal (or other) Navy ships pipes for submarine and surfaces vessels in audio format? I am thinking of standard pipes as well as emergency/action related pipes?

Hope this is in the right forum thread. I know its a bit random.

Cheers

scouse

War Hero
warden1974 said:
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a web site that has Royal (or other) Navy ships pipes for submarine and surfaces vessels in audio format? I am thinking of standard pipes as well as emergency/action related pipes?

Hope this is in the right forum thread. I know its a bit random.

Cheers
Not sure about pipe calls . :thumright: But Foxs Marines Marches and Fanfare double cd CHVCD15 has every bugle call and marches by the band of the Royal marines :thumright:

fishhead

War Hero
It wouldn't be a very long recording.I can only remember three different ones being used. The Still...The Carry on.....and Piping the Side.The three played end to end would only last about 15 seconds tops.Perhaps there were more in the days of sail,but well before my time.

lesbryan

War Hero
fishhead said:
It wouldn't be a very long recording.I can only remember three different ones being used. The Still...The Carry on.....and Piping the Side.The three played end to end would only last about 15 seconds tops.Perhaps there were more in the days of sail,but well before my time.
What about call the hands, up spirits . hands to dinner pipe down there are loads just dont ask me how many co's i dont know

Topstop

War Hero
warden1974 said:
Hmmn, some confusion... by navy pipes I mean like Dive Dive Dive (etc) you know the kind of thing
If you were a nucky poo it was " Diving now Diving now Diving now!" :dwarf:

skyvet

GCM
warden1974 said:
... by navy pipes I mean like Dive Dive Dive (etc) you know the kind of thing
In almost 9 years in boats(P and O's), I never once heard "Dive,Dive,Dive" other than when watching movies with Yank boats in them!
It was either the klaxon sounding, or "Diving now,Diving now" :nemo:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Just walk into any bar in Pompey and turn your Bluetooth on - every matelot that I know has several nautical pipes on their phone (sad bastards!)... :thumright:

Yorkie_S/M

Lantern Swinger
I don't think that I ever heard a pipe on boats, it was always verbal It was Diving Stations then after all reports where in, it would be DIVE DIVE DIVE. There was (also for exercise) Emergency Stations (followed by the reason for the emergency), the for exercise was omitted if it was for real. Attack Stations when doing the routine sinking of a general service target. Standby to surface was another or on entering or leaving harbour, Harbour Stations. Of course a lot of these things were done on the watch so no need to let everybody know. The pipes on Shore Bases or targets were mainly for everyday routine i.e Call the hands, Up Spirits, Hands to dinner etc.on boats we knew what time it was (especially tot time) so we didn't need to be told.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: RMRN: Take A Look Around HMS Holland I, The First Submarine To Be Commissioned By The Royal Navy Submariners 0
soleil Sun: "Royal Navy Submarine Crews Face 14-day Quarantine To Prevent Coronavirus Outbreak" Submariners 7
soleil FB: Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity - RNRMC Submarine Fund (RNRMC-SMF) Submariners 1
soleil "Royal Navy Submarine Breaks Through Arctic Ice For Major Exercise" Submariners 30
MoD_RSS News story: £1.4 billion deal for Royal Navy’s new attack submarine MoD News 0
T Royal Navy submarine engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
MoD_RSS News story: Third Astute submarine formally handed over to the Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's latest submarine arrives on the Clyde MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy's latest submarine to set sail this summer MoD News 2
craigb302 Newbie to submarine service (hopefully) need help understanding navy pay ? Submariners 16
M Royal Navy Opportunities at BAE Systems Submarine Solutions The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Independent: "Nuclear Scare At Navy Submarine Base After 'Unbelievable' Failures" Submariners 9
soleil Guardian: "Quay Concerns Delay Launch Of Navy Submarine" Submariners 0
soleil BBC: "Royal Navy Submarine HMS Alliance Restoration Under Way" Submariners 1
soleil Mail: "Call Me Dive ... PM Cameron (In A Nice Navy Sweater) Tours Nuclear Submarine" Submariners 2
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy helicopters in NATO submarine-hunting exercise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Submarine HMS Ambush commissioned into the Royal Navy MoD News 15
soleil BBC: "Navy Officer 'Unlawfully Killed' In Submarine Shooting" Submariners 74
G Royal Navy Submarine Mission Submariners 8
N Mail: "Royal Navy's New £1bn Hunter-Killer Submarine Is Rusting" Submariners 42
soleil BBC: "Missile Drills On Board Royal Navy's Nuclear Submarine" Submariners 0
soleil BBC: "HMS Triumph: Life On board A Royal Navy Submarine" Submariners 0
MoD_RSS Royal Navy submarine contract awarded Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy Merlins take part in anti-submarine exercise Current Affairs 24
soleil Telegraph: "SAS Target Taliban Using Royal Navy Submarine Technology" The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil Navy.mil: "Perisher - Submarine Command Training In The Royal Navy" Submariners 2
MoD_RSS Construction begins on Navy's fifth Astute Class submarine Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Navy's newest Astute Class submarine named Current Affairs 2
A Channel 5 - Royal Navy Submarine Mission - 5th September 2011 - 2000 - HMS Turbulent Submariners 139
soleil Navy News: Home In Triumph Again: Submarine Returns From Hammering Gaddafi's Forces Submariners 0
soleil BBC: "Inside The Royal Navy's Secret Submarine Factory" Submariners 5
MoD_RSS Navy-based submarine rescue system goes airborne Current Affairs 0
K Royal Navy submarine officer Submariners 10
Welshy Royal Navy Rescue Submarine : BBC 1 tonight Submariners 0
5dits Chef on Royal Navy submarine HMS Tireless Current Affairs 24
BillyNoMates Pakistan Navy Submarine "Ghazi" 1971 History 3
Chicogiz Submarine Booka and royal navy books Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
higthepig Navy news June 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Royal Navy flyers Land On Pitching Postage Stamp Deck | Nostalgia" The Fleet Air Arm 14
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
C RFA or Royal Navy? Older applicant Joining the Royal Navy 26
soleil FB: "Sea King XV666 ‘Damien’ Visits The Navy Wings Heritage Hangar On The 50th Anniversary Of The First Flight" The Fleet Air Arm 56
Z Royal Navy triage call Submariners 5
H I want to join the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
J Can I join the Navy if I was previously on Anti-Depressants? Joining the Royal Navy 51
MoD_RSS Royal Navy joins NATO allies on major maritime exercise in the Baltic Sea region MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news May 2020 The Quarterdeck 1
S US Navy leadership culture International 4
B Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
soleil Portsmouth News: "34 Great Old Photos Of The Famous Royal Navy Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes" The Fleet 1