Navy/Submarine Pipes - Audio Files

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by strontium.dog74, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a web site that has Royal (or other) Navy ships pipes for submarine and surfaces vessels in audio format? I am thinking of standard pipes as well as emergency/action related pipes?

Hope this is in the right forum thread. I know its a bit random.

Cheers

2. Not sure about pipe calls . :thumright: But Foxs Marines Marches and Fanfare double cd CHVCD15 has every bugle call and marches by the band of the Royal marines :thumright:

3. It wouldn't be a very long recording.I can only remember three different ones being used. The Still...The Carry on.....and Piping the Side.The three played end to end would only last about 15 seconds tops.Perhaps there were more in the days of sail,but well before my time.

4. Hmmn, some confusion... by navy pipes I mean like Dive Dive Dive (etc) you know the kind of thing

5. Many more. Call the hands....Pipe down...Ect...

6. What about call the hands, up spirits . hands to dinner pipe down there are loads just dont ask me how many co's i dont know

7. If you were a nucky poo it was " Diving now Diving now Diving now!" :dwarf:

8. It actually occured about 3mins latter :dwarf:

9. There are i think off the top of my head 15. Stand by to be corrected.

10. You are correct according to MoS Vol 1 1951 :thumright:

11. I've got pipe the hands on my old Nokia phone......

12. Call the Hands Call the Hands Call the Hands Wakey Wakey Wakey....etc :thanks:

13. In almost 9 years in boats(P and O's), I never once heard "Dive,Dive,Dive" other than when watching movies with Yank boats in them!
    It was either the klaxon sounding, or "Diving now,Diving now" :nemo:

14. How about funny QM /bosuns mate pipes such as.....................

"ERA Chicken lay aft "

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just walk into any bar in Pompey and turn your Bluetooth on - every matelot that I know has several nautical pipes on their phone (sad bastards!)... :thumright:

16. That was good: shame about the cross talk from Radio Mindless, though.

Why must they do that?

17. I don't think that I ever heard a pipe on boats, it was always verbal It was Diving Stations then after all reports where in, it would be DIVE DIVE DIVE. There was (also for exercise) Emergency Stations (followed by the reason for the emergency), the for exercise was omitted if it was for real. Attack Stations when doing the routine sinking of a general service target. Standby to surface was another or on entering or leaving harbour, Harbour Stations. Of course a lot of these things were done on the watch so no need to let everybody know. The pipes on Shore Bases or targets were mainly for everyday routine i.e Call the hands, Up Spirits, Hands to dinner etc.on boats we knew what time it was (especially tot time) so we didn't need to be told.