Navy School

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Zeb, Jan 31, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

:)Navy School showing the new recruits at Raleigh is on ch4 at 9pm mon 8/2 Incase anyone is interested. Can't wait to see it. :)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  2. The Commander of Raleigh, having seen the first two episodes, seemed impressed when he gave his termly address to the wardroom the other week. I'll certainly give it the once over, if only so I can grumble and say "it wasn't like that in my day".

• Like Like x 5
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hopefully it will be a positive and honest portrayal of the service and likewise will not adversely affect the careers of those who are in it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Right all you / us PSOFs - get ready to standby..............

5. To complain about how modern rig looks crap? About lockers not being thrown from the top floors of messes? About PO's being caring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. The use of washing machines, and PT not like it used to be

• Like Like x 1
  7. I hope one of the episodes goes into the type of irons they use :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

A lad with my son got electrocuted with his iron and was only saved as wearing his flip flops! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Are they not PAT testing electrical stuff these days? Or do you have to turn up with a PAT cert? Now theres a money making scheme that sounds a bit Labour :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

Apparently the cables seem to go quick which is odd. My sons iron only lasted a week before it frayed and then they cut the cables so they can't be used. He's on his third iron in 4 months now. Don't know what they do to them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Irons are wonderful tools for making toast and heating cans of soup and other things.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Don't go there, it was missed off the last contract although that's been sorted there's no PAT tester on site!

13. Mate, get yourself on the course (1 day) and earn a few quid on the side :)

14. If only, the "course" is a doddle, getting the job is a different matter (different companies, contracts etc etc etc !!)

15. Just thought anyone who was interested in joining the Royal Navy and wanted to know a little more about what Raleigh life is like.

Advert:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looks a little different to my first time around!

17. Haha, people tell me it's the exactly the same from 20-years ago?

Our whole block are watching it together, purely on the basis the main characters sleep opposite us so it should be quite a good laugh.

18. It looks like a laugh tbqh.

• Like Like x 1