Navy roles

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cocolino, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My daughter is currently at Welbeck DSFC and was originally looking to become a Weapons Engineering Officer. However she is more interested in becoming a Warfare Officer if things go according to plan. Can anyone out there help give some advice about what life is like in this role, rather than how the glossy photos and spiel in the recruiting material portray the career? Much appreciated.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

bumpity bump

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Type Warfare Officer in the search box at the top right of the page, something like 1250 articles which must be a start.

4. I find most Navy rolls to be a bit chewy. If pushed I'd say my favourite is poppy seed, but wholemeal batch are also nice if they're warm enough. Especially with soup.

I've heard you can get rolls with onion or even olives in them. Anyone heard about this? Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

5. All depends if she wants a real civilian recognised career or a pretend one.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Sorry, I can only offer glossy downloads & wholly inaccurate recruiting spiel.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Is mummy embarking too if successful? That way mummy can do all the work whilst daughter sits on arse and enjoys life. I appreciate your probably trying to free up the spare room, sorry - do best by your daughter but she should really doing her own research if she wants to lead ratings in the RN.

If Ninja and his glossies can't help then maybe at the next defence cuts Career Offices could be closed and the parents will be the official search engine for potential officers.

Stand fast ratings - RR will remain available for the answering of stupid questions!!!:biggrin:

8. I've written loads on this before as well.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Probably 1249 of the 1250 threads available on site :1: