Navy recruit test / time limit ?

legend

Midshipman
Hello All ,
Can anyone confirm something for me please. My Grandson sat and passed his RN recruit test at the earliest opportunity in October 2019 after receiving his GCSE results but decided to stay on another year to complete his A levels . He contacted the recruiting office in Newcastle to further process his application to join and spoke with someone who took his details etc . Since then he has had no more contact from the RN even though he has emailed twice and tried to phone several times without receiving any answer , so just wondering from taking his initial recruit test , what length of time is it valid for ?
thanks

Waspie

War Hero
Maybe a look using the site search function may spew out more info from someone who has/is going through the same. Other than that - AFCO but if they ain't responding!!!! Who knows.

fishhead

War Hero
If my memory serves me I recall seeing that Recruitment Tests were only valid for 12 months. This, of course, can only be confirmed by someone from an AFCO. Because of the upheaval caused by COVID there may have been some relaxations.

legend

Midshipman
Glad to say my Grandson took the bull by the horns today and contacted three different recruiting sources by phone and email and eventually was told he had to resubmit his application but I believe his recruit test still stands firm , so hopefully things will start to roll and he can get on with his application process .
Cheers All