Navy records

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by MSI64, Feb 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone tell me how to get my Fathers Navy records. He died six years ago and I have had no luck so far any help would be much appreciated
  2. Write to:

    Victory Building
    HM Naval Base
    PO1 3LS

    Include all the details you can find, and explain that it is a DPA request. If they can action it, they will. If not, they will pass it on via historical record requests.
  3. Thanks for the address and advice Mate
  4. janner

    janner War Hero Book Reviewer

    It will cost you £30 and don't expect too much detail, especially if He served during WW2
  5. Don't bet on it costing - I know for a fact that sometimes a lot of info is passed out for free! Even if they can't get you all the details you want, they have the right contacts!
  6. Some good points of contact are the Veteran's Agency and The Royal British Legion County Field Officer's Welfare Officer - they have all the right addresses for ex-Servicemen's details
  7. PS - I use them all the time in my current occupation for this sort of information
  8. If your next of kin theres no probs,got my old mans ww2 medals for free from the above address.

Share This Page