Navy record for seaman on submarines

I am trying to obtain further information on my grandfather’s navy record, he was in the Royal Navy from a young age, not sure exact date, likely from 1933 onwards. On his marriage certificate it says:
John Burnie Niven

147824 OR DJX
Seaman RN HMS osprey Portland
D.o.b 19.10.1919 Scotland

Does anyone have access to records they can search to find out what his service numbers were or any other ships he served on? Any further info provided would be greatly appreciated.

From history i know he worked on submarines, the information pasted below has been copied from a marriage certificate. Likely he was stationed in Portland and was on the HMS Osprey at time of marriage.

@soleil is a dab hand at this as well. For @Scots , his service number would have been the same whichever ship, submarine, establishment he was at or on. The National Archives would be a good start as you have his D.O.B and a service number, also the Imperial War Museum
Occasionally peoples numbers were changed but you only need one to start the ball rolling.

I am trying to obtain further information on my grandfather’s navy record, he was in the Royal Navy from a young age, not sure exact date, likely from 1933 onwards. On his marriage certificate it says:
John Burnie Niven

147824 OR DJX
Seaman RN HMS osprey Portland
D.o.b 19.10.1919 Scotland

Does anyone have access to records they can search to find out what his service numbers were or any other ships he served on? Any further info provided would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

Latest Threads