Navy operations in the middle east?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by outsideinterest, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For my own interst more than anything ive been trying to find out what the navy are doing and have been doing recently in the middle east, more specifically iraq and afghanistan recently. Due to recent events in my life ive been out of touch with the news for a couple of months.

Could anyone sum up the navy's involvment in both areas in a paragraph or two and i can then research from there.

thanks in advance
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Which newspaper do you work for??
  3. Well the Navy have been extremely busy pissing up and organising Ban Yans and Sods opera's. This is extremely buy work so they have had to replenish at sea massive quantities of ale and fine wines. The wardroom has been experiencing difficulties with officer stewards been so exhausted by these activities that they have had to learn new skills, such as opening and pouring their own wine and carrying their own laundry.
  4. Well there was a jolly from HMS Cornwall,where the crews of a few rubber boats were invited to spend a few days of Arab Hospitality.They got given goody bags and "fashion" items on their departure,had a good time(they said so)they even got to appear on Arab TV!After a bit they got bored and came home.
  5. Ban Yans?, asks he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah, been in outer space then have we?

Must be a journo if you're out of touch with the news- which one is it? Express? Sun?

Gosh, just had a thought, your first name isn't Percy is it?
  7. Oh come on people, cut the guy some slack!!
    Everyone knows we've been conducting ops on Lake Fuktifiknow just off Bagdodgistan.
    Promise you won't tell everyone, Mr "outsideinterest" ;)
  8. should have elabourated, I have recently been setting up my own business. I am a car panel beater/resprayer and been working 12-14hrs a day solidly for a while now. Hence the username, i dont have any links to the navy, but the current info on the news etc is hard to grasp as it seems to all asume you have the background info first. It makes it a bit hard to pick up on
  9. as for working for a newspaper, im not the most articulate of people, lol, so dont think that would every be my first, second or 1millionth carreer choice.
  10. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

What makes you think this is a hindrance to a career in journalism?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Hmmn, try turning the car R-A-D-I-O on to listen to the news- it's usually in the middle of the dashboard with an on/off discriminator button which doubles as a volume switch- marvelous invention.
  12. Thought Iraq and Afghanistan were pretty much land locked?? The Navy dragging the ships overland now??? :thumright:
  13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Didn't you see the Astute launch, they fit wheels not
  14. Thought that was so they could travel along the seabed????? May be wrong there though??!!! :crazy: :boogie:
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Does anyone actually believe the fact that someone working 12-14 hours per day, with no links to the Navy, would be remotely arsed to ask a specific question on the said subject?

Erm no, me neither.

In other words, ignore the Troll.
  16. Of course he might be the Minister for Defense!
  17. Ninja_Stoker

Andy, you're right, it all fits in mate.... Not a clue, erm...... not a clue.