Navy News: "Turbulent Times in Cheshire"

Passed-over_Loggie said:
It still grips me that Cheshire “acquired†North of the Mersey Warrington in that gerrymandering boundary shuffle!
Lived in MQs at Stockton Heath in the 70s - cracking town, friendly people, and 2 of the ankle biters were born there. Bloody cold in winter though, especially as the coal men were on strike !!

Passed-over_Loggie said:
It still grips me that Cheshire “acquired†North of the Mersey Warrington in that gerrymandering boundary shuffle!
Warrington is not REAL Cheshire. I am proud to have been born in Prestbury and it still p*sses off my wife who was born in Manchester.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Warrington a grand little town with those fine fine town hall gates.

Not forgetting Widnes!!! Sorry I mean Halton! Home of the Granox. One could now want for a more romantic setting than a moonlit walk along West Bank Promenade taking in that one tasted never forgotten aroma of the Granox alongside The Trans Pennine Trail.

Dicky

Lantern Swinger
A posh person is some lady who doesn't drink, doesn't smoke and only swears when it slips out.......or thinks that Sex is what you carry coal around in.....

Latest Threads