Navy News: "STOVL F-35B takes to the skies"

Re: Navy News: "STOVL F-35 takes to the skies"

Wouldnt that be nice if it had 4 greens to land!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hell yeah, bring on cat 'n trap! Anyone with any knowledge believes its the best option as well - F35C all the way, although if we could get more F/A18's for the same money i'd take that instead to be honest

WhizzbangDai said:
Hell yeah, bring on cat 'n trap! Anyone with any knowledge believes its the best option as well - F35C all the way, although if we could get more F/A18's for the same money i'd take that instead to be honest
The Pilots on 809 sqdn QUOTE " better than having SEX " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell yeah, bring on cat 'n trap! Anyone with any knowledge believes its the best option
Although I've only done it a handful of times, from the back seat of an F18, it's certainly good fun and a great buzz. However, it's not all good news. Those long boats soon go out of flying limits when the deck starts pitching and the runway end is moving up and down too much. I seem to recall US CV's limits were 1 deg of pitch, whereas ours (Ark Royal) was 5 degs. Even then we could get a bit more out of it by landing in the middle of the boat where the pitch was negligable

I've said it before but it's far better to stop first and then land :) .

Signed,

No-one, with no knowledge

Pontius said:
Hell yeah, bring on cat 'n trap! Anyone with any knowledge believes its the best option
Although I've only done it a handful of times, from the back seat of an F18, it's certainly good fun and a great buzz. However, it's not all good news. Those long boats soon go out of flying limits when the deck starts pitching and the runway end is moving up and down too much. I seem to recall US CV's limits were 1 deg of pitch, whereas ours (Ark Royal) was 5 degs. Even then we could get a bit more out of it by landing in the middle of the boat where the pitch was negligable

I've said it before but it's far better to stop first and then land :) .

Signed, OH! No Pontius :wink: Thats the way to do it :lol: http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/488218420_8d523cb429_b(1).jpg