Navy News: "STOVL F-35B takes to the skies"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jan 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: Navy News: "STOVL F-35 takes to the skies"

For how long and with what payload I wonder.

2. Re: Navy News: "STOVL F-35 takes to the skies"

Wouldnt that be nice if it had 4 greens to land!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Still.... will we get them?? We're already getting only half as many as we wanted. Gah

4. Thing is SIR????? Are you up for the Cat/Wire :wink: :wink: :wink:

5. Hell yeah, bring on cat 'n trap! Anyone with any knowledge believes its the best option as well - F35C all the way, although if we could get more F/A18's for the same money i'd take that instead to be honest

6. The Pilots on 809 sqdn QUOTE " better than having SEX " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Went on a business trip to lockheed martin in Atlanta, they have a massive area set aside in the production hangar ready for it, next to the nearly redundant F22 area.

8. Well the yanks are planning to get over 1000 of them, but the program is awfully badly run :(

9. Although I've only done it a handful of times, from the back seat of an F18, it's certainly good fun and a great buzz. However, it's not all good news. Those long boats soon go out of flying limits when the deck starts pitching and the runway end is moving up and down too much. I seem to recall US CV's limits were 1 deg of pitch, whereas ours (Ark Royal) was 5 degs. Even then we could get a bit more out of it by landing in the middle of the boat where the pitch was negligable

I've said it before but it's far better to stop first and then land :) .

Signed,

No-one, with no knowledge

11. And the Pointy end Pontius :wink: http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/Untitled-17XV354(1).jpg

12. Seaweed

Have you been able to find the answers to your two questions in any of the links?