Navy News: "Royal Navy Physical Training Branch"

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
"and most would agree that they are a unique bunch of people."

Well that is taking a bit of license with a description of PTI's, unique could easily be swapped for demented and people could be substiuted with pychopaths.

I quite enjoy PT under their "care" as to suffer that sort of degradation and abuse in civilian life one would have to pay quite handsomely.

The article refers to them as PTIs (Physical Training Instructors). The 'I' was dropped several years ago, and nowadays they are known as PTs (Physical Trainers). I think it was the schoolies in a fit of teddy-throwing pique who declared that damned ratings couldn't be classed as instructors. No doubt some schooly will be along in a minute to re-educate me.

Joe_Crow said:
The article refers to them as PTIs (Physical Training Instructors). The 'I' was dropped several years ago, and nowadays they are known as PTs (Physical Trainers). I think it was the schoolies in a fit of teddy-throwing pique who declared that damned ratings couldn't be classed as instructors. No doubt some schooly will be along in a minute to re-educate me.
The emphasis on PT is now more Physical Education rather than Physical Training. Perhaps now that they are physical educators a name change would be appropiate.

jockpopeye said:
"and most would agree that they are a unique bunch of people. :twisted: I'll never forget that thick ginger ******** H.M.S Adament 1956 who suffered under the illusion that he was the only one who could set foot on the upper deck without a hat. :roll: Used to wind the stupid cnut up something rotton :p To rub it in I was a better runner and boxer than he was 8) Oh for the days when nobody locked their doors and the sky was always blue. :wink:

tug1970

Lantern Swinger
Well they have got talents one of the student nurses were I work was telling everyone he was a PTI and brought in photos to prove it but it is her bad luck the ward manager and myself are both ex Pusser oh can she now clean a sluice room. :D