Navy News: "Royal Navy Physical Training Branch"

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jockpopeye

jockpopeye Badgeman Book Reviewer

"and most would agree that they are a unique bunch of people."

Well that is taking a bit of license with a description of PTI's, unique could easily be swapped for demented and people could be substiuted with pychopaths.

I quite enjoy PT under their "care" as to suffer that sort of degradation and abuse in civilian life one would have to pay quite handsomely.

2. 'To the wall-bars....G..'

3. A reunion of PT's. Is that where they gather in a room of mirrors?

4. Sam's in Exmouth perhaps?? Plenty of mirrors there to choose from!!!

8)

5. The article refers to them as PTIs (Physical Training Instructors). The 'I' was dropped several years ago, and nowadays they are known as PTs (Physical Trainers). I think it was the schoolies in a fit of teddy-throwing pique who declared that damned ratings couldn't be classed as instructors. No doubt some schooly will be along in a minute to re-educate me.

6. The emphasis on PT is now more Physical Education rather than Physical Training. Perhaps now that they are physical educators a name change would be appropiate.

7. Last thing we need is PO Clubswingers being told that they are PO(PE)s 8O

Edited for bad Englandish

8. Always thought PE teachers were dodgy

10. Well they have got talents one of the student nurses were I work was telling everyone he was a PTI and brought in photos to prove it but it is her bad luck the ward manager and myself are both ex Pusser oh can she now clean a sluice room. :D