Navy News: "Marines Leap Into Lake To Prepare Themselves For Flagship Deployment"

Is this an indication of more cut backs, in the past when Royal was on amphibious deployment, they used to give them rigged raiders or similar?=|=|:clown::clown:

wet_blobby

War Hero
How times have changed, I remember getting lined up on the side of HMS Fearless to watch a demo about sea survival. Three hapless matelots demonstrated how to put on a survival suit and then got chucked over the side to demonstrate "floundering in the oggin" and the correct procedure for clambering into a life raft.
The general feeling amongst us Marines was "**** that, Jack better not sink this sodding thing". Funny really as the closest Fearless came to getting sunk when I was on board was when Royal had a play with an abandoned fishing boat, about a ton of explosives and an 84 to set them off.....Ooops...Cracked Fearless's hull and all the ships claxons were going off as water started leaking in..... :)

or even Rigid Raiders perhaps? :eye:
But if you were going to undersling em from a chopper then it would need to be 'rigging' for slinging!!!!!!! hence 'rigged'

Rigged Raiders.....Raiding troops in rigging/full frightening order? :toothy10:
You are probably all correct but

England as it’s wrote compared to how its spoke do not go hand in hand for me, once I was given special needs, then after I joined I was given shit, until a civy once more and some smart arse professor said I was Dyslexic, then at Uni I was given special needs, now on this site I am given lots of shit, how strange life is!

Now I know spelling, using the correct words and grammar is expected, and indeed to make sense should be used and sometimes corrected, but I not understand all this written stuff and that's not news, that I get confused.:-?:-?:-?:-?:happy8::happy8::happy8::happy8:

But if you were going to undersling em from a chopper then it would need to be 'rigging' for slinging!!!!!!! hence 'rigged'

You are probably all correct but

England as it’s wrote compared to how its spoke do not go hand in hand for me, once I was given special needs, then after I joined I was given shit, until a civy once more and some smart arse professor said I was Dyslexic, then at Uni I was given special needs, now on this site I am given lots of shit, how strange life is!

Now I know spelling, using the correct words and grammar is expected, and indeed to make sense should be used and sometimes corrected, but I not understand all this written stuff and that's not news, that I get confused.:-?:-?:-?:-?:happy8::happy8::happy8::happy8:
Just to let you know, my comment was not meant to "pick you up" for spelling etc.