Navy News: "Marines Leap Into Lake To Prepare Themselves For Flagship Deployment"

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, Sep 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this an indication of more cut backs, in the past when Royal was on amphibious deployment, they used to give them rigged raiders or similar?=|=|:clown::clown:

2. At first glance I thought Royal was participating in synchronised swimming!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. or even Rigid Raiders perhaps? :eye:

• Like Like x 1
  4. But if you were going to undersling em from a chopper then it would need to be 'rigging' for slinging!!!!!!! hence 'rigged'

Maybe - perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!!:walk:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rigged Raiders.....Raiding troops in rigging/full frightening order? :toothy10:

6. Or raiders with big willies?

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

How times have changed, I remember getting lined up on the side of HMS Fearless to watch a demo about sea survival. Three hapless matelots demonstrated how to put on a survival suit and then got chucked over the side to demonstrate "floundering in the oggin" and the correct procedure for clambering into a life raft.
    The general feeling amongst us Marines was "**** that, Jack better not sink this sodding thing". Funny really as the closest Fearless came to getting sunk when I was on board was when Royal had a play with an abandoned fishing boat, about a ton of explosives and an 84 to set them off.....Ooops...Cracked Fearless's hull and all the ships claxons were going off as water started leaking in..... :)

9. They probably were, just to take the piss?