Navy News: "Dram-atic End for HMS Sceptre"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Apr 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear all,

I'm co-ordinating the whisky for the boat and we've got loads left for anyone who wants some. I can't get access to the link above, as we're at sea at the minute. I'm putting the press release below and the 'standard response' to enquiries below. Obviously we don't have access to t'internet with any regularity at the minute so I can't respond to any queries via this forum, but we will be returning to the UK this summer and the whisky will be disted immediately afterwards. (OPSEC!)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for your request to reserve a bottle of HMS Sceptre’s Decommissioning whisky. I’m happy to reserve you a bottle, but I must point out that due to a typo, some of the press releases announced it as a 12yo (which was the original intention). Unfortunately due to changes in VAT rates and supply chain price increases, we were forced to decide between putting the price up or reducing the value of the whisky. Please note that there is no limit on the number of bottles per order.

HMS Sceptre’s Decommissioning Whisky is now a 10yo Single Highland Malt, available for £35 per bottle (+£5 p&p if required). Collection will be available in the Helensburgh area only.

If you are still interested, please let me know with a delivery address. Please email your response to [email protected] rather than clicking ‘REPLY’. Payment is accepted as cheque only payable to ‘HMS Sceptre Central Fund’ and is to be posted to

Decommissioning Whisky
    c/o WO2 Justin Beattie
    HMS Sceptre
    BFPO 380

The whisky will be made available shortly after our return to the UK.

Many thanks,

Justin Beattie
  2. <<<bump>>>
    No takers? It's ready for collection/delivery from next week.