Navy News: "Culdrose Welcomes The New Avengers"

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jul 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I saw the title "Culdrose Welcomes The New ....." on the "New Posts" page I thought it was a story about Montys arrival........
  2. Surprisingly, my arrival was not as heralded.
  3. Could be worse. Could've been Gareth Hunt...
  4. Not an all male strip dance troop then?
  5. Just read and seen this thread, the pic certainly brought memories back of being out on the runway end in crash and rescue 6.
  6. Navy does it again. Bought a broken airplane!!!

Well just look at it, the wings bent! It's damaged goods, take it back and get a refund!!
  7. Jeez, Waspie, do you not know nuffin'. Those wings aren't broken, they're bent up at the ends for carrier ops so they can land them on the boat's narrow runway and so they can fit them down the lift. Gen that is; at least that's what the bloke down the pub told me.
  8. 750 Staff !!!! ( slip of the quill?? ) for a Sqaudron of 4 aircraft :angel7:should get loads of early chops then:laughing2:
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  9. Oooh, you are naughty.

(Before the Crabs and the media jump all over this, 750 is the number of the Naval Air Squadron, not the number of personnel.)

10. That's OK then, only folk you can trust these days are the NAAFI manager and the geezer at the end of the bar!! It does make sense when it's pointed out!!:happy8:
  11. Noted the RAF version at Duxford yesterday didn't have bent wing tips.!
  12. The RAF have their's in a museum already? So we've been sold a duffer then... nothing new there.
  13. Nopes, it was an actual flying machine that did a couple of performances, including the drop down finals.
  14. spotter mode on............... that was a King Air 200 out of Cranwell the navy are King Air 350 hence the aero dynamic wing tips. Or technical phrase they be bent
  15. I knew I was right!