Navy News: "Bulwark's On The Move Again"

Passed-over_Loggie said:
THIS is the moment 18,500 tonnes of battleship grey
Light Admiralty Grey, actually; to BS381 697 (Colours for Specific Purposes). "Battleship Grey" was BS381 632.

OK, I was momentarily bored.
There's two different greys on her. There is a big patch on the Stbd side which is considerably darker.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Joe_Crow said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Light Admiralty Grey, actually; to BS381 697 (Colours for Specific Purposes). "Battleship Grey" was BS381 632.

There's two different greys on her. There is a big patch on the Stbd side which is considerably darker.
Could be a shadow? Or some dirt from an O/B discharge..?

:shock:

sgtpepperband said:
Joe_Crow said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:

Could be a shadow? Or some dirt from an O/B discharge..?

:shock:
No, it's a very large and regular patch in the shape of an inverted-T (FP3) just aft of where it says LIZ.

Naval_Gazer said:
21_Man said:
'feet dry' in the article. Is this a 21st century naval term?....or do ships now have feet?;-))
It's properly applied to aircraft crossing the coast as in 'feet wet' and 'feet dry' and is a standard report.
Many thanks NG...learnt something new, to me

Passed-over_Loggie said:

I'mnot even going to ask how you know that, it's just grey !! :lol:

Have to admit, thats a bloody good refit, last time I saw her in Pompey she had a flat top, was square at both ends and the superstructure was just on the one side :roll: mind you that was 1978 !!