Navy News and censorship

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by bumblebee, Jul 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does Navy News print the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
    Or is it circumscribed by a Committee by whom the Editorial staff, and principal administrative staff salaries are paid?
    Sadly SL2 controls exactly what goes into NN. Ask the current non-navy lady Editor for a copy of its "Rules of Engagement" and, when you next look at a copy, remember to read between the lines.

2. Please stop it Norman

By the way where`s the photograph of your beautiful daughter? :w00t:

3. While we are at it,is the moon made of cheese?Is the World Flat?And do Bears shit in the Woods?

4. Bears definitely do shit in the woods, and they use Charmin bog roll to wipe their arse on. i know cos I've seen the program on television many times. Unfortunately the program is often interspersed with crappy programs like coronation street.

5. More to the point :
    Do pretty lady lawyers who won't get their tits out on RR feel especially good after getting some scroat that they know is guilty acquitted on a technicality?

6. Why a technicality? All Scroats get their wrist slapped :pukel: on Judges

7. Norma thick or funny you are a strange lady you ask a question(see red) then answer it see green) so why bother to ask if you know the answer. We still await the brief in the briefs, thats the pretty, talented, upper class, lying, bitch of a lawyer in case you have forgotten.

Now feck off.

8. Excuse me Slim - I do hope that you are not referring to me?

a. There is a phot of me in the Red Sea
    b. I most certainly do not do criminal work, I am a conveyancer
    c. The law is an ass but hey, thats what its there for. Live with it.
    d. If you do not have the courage of your convictions to explain yourself .....

9. Rosie
    There is a world of diference between conveyancing and criminal law.
    What concerns me is that in England and Wales we seem to have a legal system which depends on which side has the cleverest lawyer to win rather than justice being done.
    Holes in the justice system which clever legal eagles use to get clients off should be plugged after first use.

10. Slim you first make the mistake of assuming the government cares.

Second most 'loopholes' are in reality things where those charged with applying or enforcing the law have made mistakes, they are the ones at fault, not the law.

Lawyers and advocates have a duty to do their best for their clients, for it to be any other way would be grossly unfair particularly to the innocent, or are you simply assuming that some one charged is clearly guilty.

11. Maxi

Prior to the CPS and Barristers getting involved the Police and Villains sorted it out very easily. They were GUILTY but not necessarily GUILTY of what they had been charged with. Very few not guilty pleas in them days.

Nutty

PS In fact most loop holes are caused by Government Lawyers badly framing the law (i.e. writing the exact words down). The worst example was the Drink Drive law where they added a stipulation that only a Police Officer in Uniform could carry out a breath test. So no cap/helmet or whistle chain accused walked away. Now it was obvious to all, that they meant a Police Officer in plain clothes could not demand a breath sample. But for more than five years lawyers support by their brethren Judges used this to get people discharged. Either you have the evidence or you don't that does not make loopholes they are caused by Government Lawyers.

12. [quote="Maxi_77

Slim you first make the mistake of assuming the government cares.

Second most 'loopholes' are in reality things where those charged with applying or enforcing the law have made mistakes, they are the ones at fault, not the law.

Lawyers and advocates have a duty to do their best for their clients, for it to be any other way would be grossly unfair particularly to the innocent, or are you simply assuming that some one charged is clearly guilty.[/quote]

Maxi
    We are all guilty. Of what we may not be aware, however we are all guilty.

13. Ah those happy days when Mr Magistrate accepted that anything Mr Plod said was true. I suspect there are two main reasons for the number of not guilty pleas today, one the accused thinks the jury will be stupid enough to believe his cock and bull story, and two that the lawyer gets paid more for a not guilty case than a guilty one.

If you expect the citizen to stick within the letter of the law, then so should the plod. In the case you mention, it is not rocket science for Mr Plod to be properly dressed when on duty. The law needs to be precise to be fair and both sides need to abide by that. On the other hand I am not so happy when the defence barrister deliberately tries to attack peole not on trial to sow seeds of doubt as those attacked have no defense at the time to such behaviour, but that is not loopholes. When some one gets off on a technicality it means that the cplod and CPS/Fiscals office have not done their jobs properly and in some cases the people involved deserve a bit more than a well placed boot in a sensitive place.

14. Slim, may I kindly ask you to specifically confirm that you are not talking about me? And if you are what the bloody hell are you talking about?

15. Rosie I am not talking about you. i am talking about those lawyers who practise criminal law.
    More to the point those lawyers who believe that their client is guilty but try every trick in the book to try and get him off either Scot free or with a reduced sentence.
    Now Rosie are you a Lawyer, solicitor or Legal executive (as I believe they are now called)

Edited to add

Lawyer Quotes
    'If it weren't for my lawyer, I'd still be in prison. It went a lot faster with two people digging.'
    Joe Martin

A lawyer starts life giving $500 worth of law for $5 and ends giving $5 worth for $500.'
    Benjamin H. Brewster

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
    John Adams

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
    Aesop

'There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool.'
    LM Boyd

16. [quote="Maxi_77If you expect the citizen to stick within the letter of the law, then so should the plod. In the case you mention, it is not rocket science for Mr Plod to be properly dressed when on duty.some cases the people involved deserve a bit more than a well placed boot [/quote]

To allow a drink driver to escape punisjment because a police officer was not wearing a cap or a whistle is utterly ludicrous. As Nutty has pointed out , anyone with half an ounce of CDF can see what the intent of this legislation was and for lawyers to manipulate the wording in such a way makes a mockery of the law they are supposed to represent.

Maxi, if you were getting a flogging one night would you refuse help from a policeman because he was not wearing a cap? Maybe ask him to come back when he was correctly dressed?

17. To allow a drink driver to escape punisjment because a police officer was not wearing a cap or a whistle is utterly ludicrous. As Nutty has pointed out , anyone with half an ounce of CDF can see what the intent of this legislation was and for lawyers to manipulate the wording in such a way makes a mockery of the law they are supposed to represent.

Maxi, if you were getting a flogging one night would you refuse help from a policeman because he was not wearing a cap? Maybe ask him to come back when he was correctly dressed?[/quote]

What I am saying is that if the law says mr plod has to wear full uniform to carry out certain duties I as a citizen and the one who pays his wages expect him to do so. If on the other hand you were to say that to demand that he wears full uniform to breathalise some one is excesive I would agree with you, but until it is changed he b**dy well has to wear his full uniform or he should be disciplined. The law has to be precise to function and those who enforce the law do have to follow the letter.

As to your second point the law does not say that a police officer has to be in full uniform to render assistance to a member of the public.

18. Well! that ol' rascal Bumblebee got them a goin'

19. Norma you failed miserably once again to get any one going. It was rosinacarley the Legal Conveyancer with the tenderest of Ego's who started them going, so it is back to posting pics of brief in briefs for you Miss Prattess.

20. I am a legal executive, if you know my real name you can find me on the Institute of Legal Executive's website. I fail to see why you need to implicate me in your ramblings about the legal system, it is neither here nor there whether I flash my boobs on this site, nor indeed whether some other lawyer uses the law to get their client off or have a reduced sentence. You are beginning to p!ss me off now, you Daily mail reading, psuedo right wing intellectual. By all means have your opinions but keep my name out of them please.