Navy News: 2011 Yeovilton Air Day, 9th July 2011, Celebrates Lynx Milestone

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Mar 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We are comming along as well Maam!!!!:-D All these took off from VL many moons ago :wink: Fairey Swordfish (pilot, Rear Admiral P. D. Gick; observer, Rear Admiral H. R.
    Janvrin; telegraphist/air gunner, Lt Cdr C. Topliss).
    Wasps of 829 Sqn (Lt Cdr K. Mitchell) and 771 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. R. J. Rutherford).
    12 Wessexes of 819 Sqn (Lt Cdr P. J. Lynn), 706 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. E. Kelly), 737 Sqn
    (Lt Cdr R. Leonard) and 829 Sqn.
    Gannets of 849 Sqn (Lt Cdr W. H. Barnard) and 831 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. G. Grindle).
    12 Hunters of 738 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. W. Beard) and 759 Sqn (LtCdrA. H. Milnes).
    12 Scimitars of 803 Sqn (Lt Cdr P. G. Newman) and 736 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. Worth).
    12 Sea Vixens of 899 Sqn (Cdr D. C. Matthews), 890 Sqn (Lt Cdr R. G. M.Campbell)
    and 766 Sqn (Lt Cdr G. P. Carne).
    12 Buccaneers of 800 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. C. Mather) and 809 Sqn (Lt Cdr J. F. H. C. De Winton) For the 50th Anniversary

2. Thank the big man I'm on leave!

3. It'll be nice to see the Vulcan flying. I've not seen one of those in the air for a good few years.

4. Saw it last week at The Goodwood Festival of Speed. Fantastic sight.

5. Was that Goodwood'10? I was there to see the Vulcan, bloody awesome!

6. Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  7. You could have put up some piccys of the other two beautifull V Bombers Maam...... Victor and Valiant!!!

8. History_the_valiant_years_11.jpg
    Sated your craving?
    450-Handley_page_victor_b1_hp.jpg

9. :-D Yep ....They used to land at Lossiemouth, for the night..... Often went over to the V Bomber dispersal, for goofers.... they were massive

10. And even more often spent the night guarding the things when duty watch

11. Saw the Vulcan on my journey back from Taunton on the A303, and it was partnered by what looked like a vampire (or possibly a Sea Vixen)

Both flew past round and returned three times on the circuit before landing. Truly one of the years highlights.

12. Yep, it was a Sea Vixen.

:)

13. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Bum, B*lloc*, ti**, f**......forgot about the air show......another year.....

14. YouTube - ‪AVRO VULCAN XH558 & SEA VIXEN XP924 FLYING TOGETHER, YEOVILTON 9 JULY 2011‬‏

YouTube - ‪Vulcan XH558 & Sea Vixen‬‏

YouTube - ‪Avro Vulcan XH558 and De-Havilland Sea Vixen flying together at RNAS Yeovilton 9th July 2011.‬‏

YouTube - ‪De-Havilland Sea Vixen displays above Avro Vulcan at RNAS Yeovilton 9th July 2011.‬‏